1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Socks - A Micro Story

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Feb 14, 2008.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

She hated folding clothes. She hated washing them in the first place. Back home there was a maid to do all that. She had never touched anyone else’s clothing before. Marriage had transformed all that. Now she was expected to collect everyone’s soiled clothes in the morning from their rooms and put them in the washing machine. The maid would dry it and later in the evenings dump them on her bed. It was her duty to fold them all and leave neat bundles of everyone’s undergarments and towels and other clothes back in their rooms. She hated touching others clothes… the worst ordeal was folding the socks… She was expected to lay them flat, one over the other- toes aligned - and roll them up and tuck them into the opening of one so the pairs won’t be lost…the way Manni ( sister- in – law) had shown her…the way Manni had been doing it for years, till there was a younger Maatuponnu( DIL) at home to do it…
    Today, in a fit of frustration, she just tied each of the pairs together… Well they won’t be separated…that’s what all this acrobatics are about…wasn’t it?

sindmani likes this.

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hahaha...good one.

One of the flip side of marriage:wink:

Roopa.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

true even i hate doing it all the time..but still do..sunkan

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear TM,
    Good one!! On the contrary, i love to fold clothes and keep them arranged.My mom, esp says that when i fold clothes, i looks like pressed perfectly.But, i have folded only my hubbys clothes including his socks after weddingBig Laugh

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
    sindmani likes this.
  5. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Rupa,

Flip side it is...

Hi saklhi,

Even I dislike folding clothes... but can't escape that.... can we?

Hi Aishu,
    Better you than me.... Like I said, I hate it...even mine. But there is no choice... I do dry them and fold them well... enjoy it? Never!

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Sure I do all that and more when it comes to socks. Keep them in pairs , put them in a seperate cover to avoid last minute disaster when DD is ready one socks 'long and one short' of it all.

7. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Viju,

Your story made me laugh, what an innovative way of ensuring the pair do not get lost.

regards,

aqua

8. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Wo...wo....wo.... Janani,
    You sure do take pains to ensure socks don't get separated! I bow to you!Bow

Hi Aquamarine,
    That's lovely sparkling handle of yours... what inspired you to select it?
    Thank you... for the lovely comment.

9. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi Viju,

Thank you. The topic was fantastic like all your pieces. I must say I joined Indus so I could read all the Snippets as mom would keep telling me about them and some would make me laugh and some would set my mind wheel in motion. As for Aquamarine, I love the colour and my mom kind of linked it with me.

Love
    Priya

10. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

hi Aqua Priya ( hahahaha...)
    I never would have guessed... So it is all in the family now...eh? How about Chitra? Is she also here? So sweet of you to take pains to read and comment... I know, Mumma does it... Guess what? I feel so guilty that I haven't chatted with her for a long time... I think I'll do it tomorrow itself...
    So see you around...
    Love,
    Viju