Social Visit Pass, Employment pass, PR criteria of Singapore

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by sonu_627, Jan 31, 2006.

1. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Re: Completely confused on how to bring my parents here...please advice

recently when we got my hubby's parents here for a long stay ,we had applied for social visit pass as we thought we can extend it to long term pass.
    but when we applied for it ,we directly got a long term pass for 2 years for them as we are PR.
    its better if you check the official website(ICA) and see which one works best for you.

my two cents.....

2. siddharth

siddharth New IL'ite

Hi Babyraji,

Thanks for your post...i just have one more query....

"We applied" means what? Did you apply from Singapore (online /in person at ICA?) or did your inlaws apply from India for the visa...

Iam hoping to get a LTVSP the first time to avoid unnecessary time, cost and enerrgy spend.

Please reply.

Thanks,
    Sidd

3. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

we applied it from spore itself.
    applications are only being recd online only,these days they are not entertaining direct applications in ICA.
    just login to ICA website and you have loads of details there.

4. hub2004

hub2004 New IL'ite

hi shobz

Welcome to singapore as well IL,:cheers

reg ur parent's visit ,if at all u decide to bring 'em on tourist visa i suggest "speed birds" travel agency in chennai .we have used their services reg visa for parents /inlaws both for US and singapore.:thumbsup

as regards ur birth certificate ,u cud get one after ur coming here 2 singapore from the Indian Embassy using ur passport ,my friend recently applied and got his birthcertificate in jus few days from the indian embassy.

hope this info helps

5. siddharth

siddharth New IL'ite

Hi,

I applied for my parents online through SAVE and got a short time visit pass only...

I have a question - my children are coming back from India to complete their PR formalities(their DPs were cancelled since my EP got cancelled to PR status)...now my children will be coming in a Social Visit pass....DO I NEED TO BOOK RETURN TICKETS FOR THEM?

BOTH MY PARENTS AND CHILDREN ARE NOT GOING TO RETURN...THEY PLAN TO STAY HERE WITH US...I WANT TO FIND A WAY TO BLOCK TICKETS AND NOT BOOK AND UNNECESSARILY WASTE THE AMOUNT...IS THERE A WAY OUT OF THIS?

PLS ADVICE.

Regds,
    Sidd

6. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

regarding your kids return tickets,you need not book as they will be given PR.and for this while booking the tickets you have to show the approval letter issued to the kids ,and also your PR card.and you have to take short term pass for them from s'pore and send it to them.along with the xerox copies of the approval letter and also both your and spouse's PR card.

raji

7. msr2006

msr2006 New IL'ite

Hi ,
    why don't you book the tickets and cancel the tickets once their LTVP is approved?I believe AirIndia don't charge more for canceling before 15 days.Enquire them....

I hope this helps....

8. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

Medical tests for PR

Hi

We are required to take x-ray and blood tests for applying PR are there in clinics which conduct these.Pls help....

9. blatha

blatha Junior IL'ite

Hai Ramya,

Most of the GP clinics offer these tests. They may not have X-ray machine but they'll give u a place in nearest locality. You have to go and take X-ray there. The results will come to your GP clinic. It is as simple as that.

Latha

10. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

hi latha,

thanks for your reply.. i got the tests done at Shifa's clinic in little india.