Social Visit Pass, Employment pass, PR criteria of Singapore

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by sonu_627, Jan 31, 2006.

1. rsa

rsa New IL'ite

Renewal of PR - details needed!

Hi Friends,

I have some questions and could you please take some time to answer my questions? Thanks in advance.

I was in Singapore for almost 5 yrs and I had to relocate to some other place. What I would like to know is, my PR is going to expire in Nov 2009? If I come,start my work again and apply for renewal of PR and will my PR get extended? I got on my PR aganist my work sponsorship! My husband doesn't have Singapore PR. If I want to apply PR for my kid, will my child get PR? Of course I can't apply for my husband!

How is the IT job market? I need to apply in IT industry. or I am willing to work in any industry. How about the job market?

I love Singapore and I love to be back at any cost.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. swapnakaushik

swapnakaushik New IL'ite

regarding visa details

Hi all,
    i am swapna from india , new to this site ,& this is my first post , i have some doubts , hope anyone can answer my questions.
    i recently got married, my husband is working in singapore on employment pass, Q category ,(he is not a PR) now he wants me to take to singapore.
    he said that he will take me there on visit visa & there he will convert my visa as dependent visa or else i have to find a job & convert my visa as employment visa.

i am a computer professional , & i also want to work there.currently , iam 2 months pregnant,
    my doubts are,
    1. since iam pregnant can i get a job & if i get a job also can i get an employment pass to work there ? & can i deliver my child there in employment pass itself ?
    2.will the employer cancel the visa as soon as he knows that iam pregnant?
    3. one of my friend said , that the employer will cancel the visa & i will be forced to leave the country . is it true?

if any body knows any details regarding this , then pls answer my questions , becoz , i dont want to be separeated from my husband . i want to live with him.

thanks
    swapna

3. Aabha

Aabha Silver IL'ite

Re: regarding visa details

Hi swapna,
    i have some information to share....
    i have also joined my hubby in singapore recently....he is working here n have employment pass...i joined him ,along with my baby,on dependent pass..i could not join him earlier since i was pregnant and want to have my delivery in india only..

if u want to join your husband,u can ask him to get your dependent pass from his employer(and yes you should have a marriage certificate to get a dependent pass...)...u can apply for visa in india.for this you require a
    copy of dependent pass(your husband can send a scanned copy to you),
    one way ticket to singapore.
    n ofcourse your passport
    on this basis you will be issued a visa.which will be changed in singapore for your long stay...(Regarding visa you can get more information through the singapore embassy located in delhi...check out the website through the google search..)

one more thing you should have a hard copy of your dependent pass along with your visa..when you reach airport..
    and for your other queries...i have not much information...i can only say that you can join your husband now too n you dont require a employment pass for that..dependent pass will be enough...
    hope this information will be helpful...

4. spraveen69

spraveen69 New IL'ite

HI All,

Im a new member and I wud like to wish the moderators and the IL team for your Good Work,

Im Praveen from Chennai working as an Oracle DBA.Im also very much interested to get an offer in Singapore.Moreover in a Bench Project and dunno when i will caught in recession.But i have applied for all jobsites and send mail to consultants but no feedback or reply.

And most of them in forums suggested better to go in tourist visa and search for job and attend interviews and get the offer.Is it the only way??
    I have tried applied with Online EP Certificate.But it was rejected(i don't the reason) Can you suggest me your ideas and guidelines about your experiance in searching job in singapore.

waiting for your favorable reply.

Thanks
    Praveen

5. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

Hi Guys,
    I've friend who is with me here,she is on social visit pass and her hubby on tourist visa. She had gone for few interviews,found job and her employer is applying for S pass for her now. Her hubby is job hunting. I heard that there is something LTSVP for employement purposes and u could be here for year? Can some one throw some light on it....?
    Thanks in advance!!!

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Rani

If I am not wrong, LTSVP are for immediate family members like spouses/parents of the EP/PR holder.

7. shobz

shobz New IL'ite

Hi,

Urgent help. I am planning to come to Singapore early June on EP. I am planning to bring my parents. They will be with me for maximum 2 months but will again visit me on frequent basis onces in 4 months. Each stay will not exceed 60 days.

I want to know which VISA I need to get. I was thinking I shd get a Long Term Visit Pass, but I dont have a birth certificate which is a required document for LTVP. Any idea what can be done for this ? Any alternative document ?

After going through the forum, I feel I can apply for Tourist Visa itself. Can somebody direct to a site and some agency contacts in Chennai who could speed up the process?

Can we get a Tourist visa of type multiple entry?

Please help as it is urgent ....
    Thanks,
    Shobz

8. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi,

We are in SG for 5 months and we want to apply for PR.I saw the online forms.They mentioned they require birth certificate of the applicant.My hubby dont have, what should we do.how to proceed?

Thanks,
    Poornima:bonk

9. siddharth

siddharth New IL'ite

Completely confused on how to bring my parents here...please advice

Hi Viji & other Indus Contributors,

I got my PR approved recently and trying to bring my parents here...

Iam not sure whether i need to apply LTSVP or Dependent Passes for them from here....i dont want them to come on Social Visit Pass since it requires return ticket and also needs extension...my parents intend to stay with me....kindly advice how i can get visa for them from singapore itself.

The second situation is my two young children are in India right now when we(me and my wife) completed the PR formalities...so my children's dependent passes were cancelled and their PR formalities completion was extended till July end....the thing is we have now applied for a social visit pass for both my children and they will travel along with my parents in another 3 weeks to Singapore...I DONT WANT TO BOOK RETURN TICKETS FOR THEM BECAUSE ONCE THEY COME THEY WILL FINISH PR FORMALITIES AND WONT RETURN....HOW TO AVOID BOOKING RETURN TICKETS TO THEM IN THIS CASE?

Kindly help with your valuable inputs.

Regds,
    Siddharth.

10. Kamini_sg

Kamini_sg New IL'ite

Re: Completely confused on how to bring my parents here...please advice

Sid

I'm not sure, if they can come here direct on Long Term S.V.V. If anybody has any input on this, I'm sure it will be of great use to everyone. ;-P

Well, if I were you, I will just call them (ICA) , and check the formalities. Dont' take unnecessary risk.

Not only me, even my friends, got our parents first on SVP and then applied for LongTerm, so even I'm curious to know the answer for this query ;-P