Social Visit Pass, Employment pass, PR criteria of Singapore

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by sonu_627, Jan 31, 2006.

1. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

re: Long Term Social Visit Pass-Details Needed.

Hi maliniramesh,

Welcome to Singapore.

In your case, LTSVP applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the employer of your husband.

You can download the form from MOM website. No need for any agents. You can submit the form in person. But, you cannot submit the LTSVP application with the inprinciple approval letter. You need the EP card.

Hope it is clear.
    Good Luck,

2. maliniramesh

maliniramesh New IL'ite

re: Long Term Social Visit Pass-Details Needed.

Hi ,
    Thanks for your response . I am not sure whether hubby's company will sponsor for LTSVP. Is there any other possibility ?
    How many days will it take to get EP card once my husband reached singapore?

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Long Term Social Visit Pass-Details Needed.

Hi Malini,

This thread will be merged with the already exisiting thread About Visa and PR details , tomorrow. Thanks

4. maliniramesh

maliniramesh New IL'ite

Re: Long Term Social Visit Pass-Details Needed.

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for your response . For applying LTSVP, i came to know from one of our member's reply that my hubby's company has to be local sponsor . but my hubby's company is not willing to do that . one of my friend said that we can take my mom to singapore by tourist visa which is valid for 3 months and can go to malaysia for 5 days as after the expiry of tourist visa the person should not be there in singapore for 5 days, then can get into singapore with other tourist visa ...

Please tell me whether her sugggestion is correct. If so, how much we have to spend for this . Kindly reply as early as you can .

Regards,
    Hema

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Hema

Yes some of them do that.But if I were you, I will think about the following points carefully:

1. The 5 days in Malaysia, Where would my mom stay? If a hotel what would be the cost of food and accommodation? Who is going to accompany her for the 1 week?

2. The visa to Malaysia-Sing and vice versa approval is always subject to consideration. So what if my Mom in Malaysia is denied an entry visa to Singapore(extreme rare situation but i am playing the devil here)

3. If she is too elderly and has some medical condition, will the constant travel and tension affect her health ?(The check point between malaysia and Singapore is always crowded and with a long queue as both the country's residents go in and out everyday as they work here and there)

Think the above carefully and decide. All the best. Dont worry you will get an amicable solution soon.

6. maliniramesh

maliniramesh New IL'ite

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for thinking from my point of view . But i wont leave her alone.I will accompany her in all circumstances.If we go to malaysia by any travel agency ,wont they take care of the accomdation ?
    If its too expensive that i cant bear , then i have to drop this thought . Thats the only the concern from my side.
    I am thinking about all possiblities to take my mom . Will see, if nothing works , have to drop singapore plan .
    Lets hope for the best :)

Regards,
    Hema

7. siddharth

siddharth New IL'ite

Urgent Qun : Should i take my family to submit the PR Application?

Hi Friends,

Iam about to apply for my PR this week....iam applying for my entire family(me +wife+ 2 babies).

Should i take my wife and 2 young babies too to the ICA to file the application?OR is it enough if i only go and file the application?

Also iam not getting an e-appointment till April 2009....so i will be going and standing in queue now...how early should i go....5 a.m in the morning???4 a.m???Kindly let me know.

Looking forward to your reply...

Regds,
    SIdd

8. Rajilakshmanan

Rajilakshmanan Senior IL'ite

Re: Urgent Qun : Should i take my family to submit the PR Application?

Hi Sidd

At the time of Application submittion your wife & childred need not follow you.Once approved, the letter from ICA will clearly give you a clear picture of what next has to be done.

Regards
    RajiLakshmanan

9. siddharth

siddharth New IL'ite

Thanks Raji - Regds.

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Siddhart,

This thread will be moved to the appropriate existing thread about passes and PR details, tomorrow. Thanks.