Social Visit Pass, Employment pass, PR criteria of Singapore

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by sonu_627, Jan 31, 2006.

1. latha1982

latha1982 New IL'ite

Re: BENEFITS AFTR GTNG PR(permanent residence)

Hi,

You own a house, then u can get job easily. I am in Spore for the past 6 months when can I apply for PR. Please advice.

Rgds

2. CarolineRaj

CarolineRaj New IL'ite

Hi Latha

You can try the following link to check if you are eligible for PR.

PR assessment tool

You can also try various combinations of available options to get an idea of the process. But again as stated in the site, it does not guarantee you a PR.

All the Best! [​IMG]

3. CarolineRaj

CarolineRaj New IL'ite

Re: e-Visa – An Easy Way to Obtain a Visa

Hi Anuusri

Yes. e-Visa is quite :thumbsup. But we have to watchout for few things while applying for extension.

Within few days after application & intial payment we would get a "Visa Approved" reply along with a request to make a second payment. This also has to be made Computer Typing

Only after this second payment we would be provided with an appointment at ICA to collect the pass.

I happened to see several people to have missed out the second payment, as they understood that the second payment has to be in person since their visas has been approved already.

They were considered as walk-ins and had to wait in a long queue.

Warm Regards, :wave

4. laxmi.kumar

laxmi.kumar New IL'ite

hai latha,

If u r married and having kid(s), it easy to get PR with in 52working days with out rejection ,else wait for few more months this is my Experience, one off my friend get before me through her company but she is single working as a SAP consultant
    Try All the very best.........:cheers

5. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

Re: e-Visa – An Easy Way to Obtain a Visa

HI,
    Thank you for that useful info.
    I would also like to know that whether apart from extending the existing visit pass/visa online.....has anyone used the online service for applying for a new visa online ( for someone staying back in India ).
    If so could you please share ure experiences about how soon the online approval was granted.

6. Lalitha.B

Lalitha.B New IL'ite

Visa to Singapore

I am working in Singapore on Employment Pass and wish to bring my parents here for 2 months. I have requested my employer to apply for 'Long Term Social Visiit Pass' for them. Once I get the in-principle approval letter, I plan to post a copy to India. Is this approval letter enough to come to Singapore, or do they need to get a tourist visa?
    Can somebody please explain..

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Visa to Singapore

Hi Lalitha

In principal approval letter is enough for now to bring them here. After their arrival you need to apply for the long term visa within 7 days, I think. One important thing, you should send the original copy to them and you may keep a photocopy.

8. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

Hi

the benfits and obligations of being a singapore PR or a citizen is given in the attachment.
    hope it helps

Attached Files:

9. bharprash

bharprash New IL'ite

Hi,

Just wanted to know is it good time to apply for PR in economy recession?

Few people are saying that this is not right time for PR application as students (passed out this yr) will get more priority for PR and also coz of economy crisis. I might be wrong, plz correct me if so.

Would like to know your views on the same. My husband is EP holder and here in s'pore since 1 year.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  10. maliniramesh

maliniramesh New IL'ite

Long Term Social Visit Pass-Details Needed.

Hi,
    I am living in India.my hubby has to travel singapore for his project work . He will be there for 1 year . He has got IN-PRINCIPLE APPROVAL LETTER FOR EMPLOYMENT PASS .Pass category is P2 . we have Dependant pass for me and for my son .we have to take my mom with us . from the MOM site i came to know that we can take her with us by LTSVP. but the company is not willing to process LTSVP.
    Can anyone of you assist me in
    1. How to apply for LTSVP and what are the procedures
    2. Can I apply online or should approach any agency
    3. Can i apply using my hubby's In-Principle approval letter or should get P2 pass .

Please clarify all my doubts.

Thanks in advance