Social Group Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Jun 22, 2009.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I would request you to start a group to find certain active members of IL but now no longer to be seen in IL. I m searching for xyz member of il now she is no longer to be seen where do I post such request?
    Secondly I also request you to start a category where in the complete video or manner of certain southindian festivals are celebrated with the slokas to be chanted, the arrangements to be done along with the receipe. This will help those who stay abroad. May be any generous veteran can also put snapshots or upload the video of the festival celebrated in thir house. Eg yest was Karadyan nombu... I didn't know that we had to o keep two plantains in the plantain leaf.
    I know the southindian community is vast but as a yardstick you can compile the manner iyer Brahmins celebrate certain festivals.
    lastly I would also request you to honor certain members contribution in the snippets section as il hall of fame and thereby not include them in ny winning category. I notice that certain xyz person repeatedly wins most of the contest leaving no room for the others . I know not everyone has a flair to write well and those so called members deserve to win but what happens is the other Budding writers are left behind and they stand no chance to win.
    Thanks I hope my suggestions are considered in good spirit and hope they are feasible.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya
    Thanks a lot for your interesting and valuable suggestions. I do appreciate the time and trouble that you have taken to pen your thoughts here.

Coming to the last para of your FB, I must explain to you how the process of our selection of the Finest Posts works. Basically our grading of members as Silver, Gold, Platinum and IL Hall of Fame is done merely on the basis of the number of posts submitted by a member. This grading has nothing to do with the quality of posts. A Hall of Fame member should have touched 5000 posts. This , I repeat, has NOTHING to do with the quality of contribution. This gradation is NOT restricted to Snippets Section.It is the overall number of posts that counts for the gradation.

Secondly we take all the posts nominated for the FP contest by the members for consideration of a Winner. Each member is entitled to nominate 4 posts every month and the best post from among the posts nominated is selected for the Award. You can nominate 4 posts of any member if you consider it fit enough for nomination. The question of seniority or popularity is not a criterion at all for nomination or selection of a winner.

I hope I have clarified the position in detail. If you still have any doubt, you are free to write.
    Sri

3. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Re: New Group - Request

Dear Saisakthi,I like this suggestion!! This will be a Great Meeting point for all SAI DEVOTEES who visit IL.

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

The informative posts which last couple of days which I am posting by Baba's grace I felt if it is under a SINGLE point even at a later point of time devotees can enjoy its nectar. But IL Admin is not for it, Probably many suggestions will have a better voice.

Here as days pass by the post will go beyond the pages. Let Baba decide how his messages need to reach his children.

Thanks for vouching my point

1 person likes this.
  5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saisakthi,We are the sincere member of the IL Groups!Donot worry!Baba will take care of us!
    Om Sai Ram.

6. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Thanks for clarifying Ramya's query in selecting the FP winners.

Dear Ramya,

Thanks for your suggestion to have a social group to find the long time members of Indusladies.

We have created a social group here: Longtime Members Of Indusladies - IndusLadies

Alternatively, you can send a PM to find the XYZ member even if the user is not active in IL. The user will receive an notification email from Indusladies.

And thanks for your request to start a video category on Celebration of South Indian Festivals. When we find many takers for it, we would oblige your request.

Till then, you can discuss the celebration of Karadayan Nombu in our social group - Festivals of India

Thank you.

7. RamyaSridhar1978

Thanks for the reply sir. I am aware that the gradation is based on number of post. Regarding the selection of winners well if it's done by the members themselves I guess majority wins!..
    Thanks for the clarification .

8. RamyaSridhar1978

Thanks for he reply and thankyou for starting a thread to find out the long lost members . I would like to know about the status of starting a video on festivals . I don't wish to appear pushy but I just wanted to now
    how will you gauge whether there are takers for initiating such an idea . Do you plan to take a poll ? Or do you plan to announce the same and find out if people are interested.
    Thanks once again

9. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya,

We are not resourced currently for making any kind of video collections available. That too South Indian festivals - collecting the video content for the same is a project by itself.

Right now, you can open a social group discussion in Festivals of India , or you can discuss it in the forums.

Thank you.