1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Social Audit

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Jul 13, 2021.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Day-in and Day-out, we all dissect and critically analyse the performance or non-performance or
    mis-performance of governmental organizations, public bodies, business and industrial outfits, politicians, religious leaders, priests and sevaks of temple or church or mosques. We comment relentlessly
    about our neighbours, persons we meet in public or private functions or on streets, bylanes and even about all those service maids, salesmen, unknown creatures. Beyond mere talking, we do weigh all of them of their good, bad and recalcitrant deeds, behaviour and their life styles without any hesitation whatsoever.

But, most of us detest what they 'talk' about us; we resent their attitudes towards us. What 'Right' they have to 'insult' me.. or my kith and kin..? Except for the social 'right' given to them or permission granted by me to them to 'criticise' and analyse about me, how dare 'YOU' and 'HIM' or 'THEY' can..?
    We judge all others on certain written, codified or conventional rules / statutory frameworks or on mere 'understanding' irrespective as to whether they are tested to be correct or wrong or harmful to majority of society at large. Generally, we create or imagine our own self-made rules and regulations
    and interpretations, which we treat and follow to be and solely sacrosanct.. All our deemed and own self-made rules to be Divine and not all presumed to be of others, who are rank idiots before my stature or wisdom..? They are irrational
    and I'm alone logical..' I ' donot agree and rate ' You '..

In a generally-accepted scheme of social approach, every organization-Govt or otherwise including all other public and individuals, must take care of societal interests in all their 'doings' and operations. They are not therefore supposed to pollute the environment, discriminate in employment, make money through illegal means, resort to deceitful methods,
    exploit customers through immoral ways. They must adhere to compliance and 'Social Audit'. Society at large comes out with certain checks and balances. The customers may protest violently, seek justice through courts and press the government
    to put an end to such unlawful operations, etc.
    If social abuses are not nipped in the bud, they may spell disaster for the entire nation or world outside. Legal and social audits prevail over pre-judged wrong doings..!!

Individual, despite being lawful, believes secretly that such social audits are for others and Govt. organizations only.

But, I raise with consciousness that 'I' am also part of this society as also 'you', 'he' 'she' or 'they' and all the families and households, who make use of this earth and all its resources. that SOCIAL AUDITS
    must be slapped rigourously on all individualistic day today actions or inactions or criminal-minded abuses that we indulge, willfully,knowngly as also unknowingly all the time in our life and existence.

Are we 'subjected' to scrutiny even by our spouse or progenies and for penal actions against us-- individuals..? None would,
    except a very few and at a very few times in their day-today life,honestly feel happy to accept the self-burning or self-purification tests, which I would like to term as individual-targetted 'Social Audits'..
    The society believes that SWOT analysis is for others..!!

'Swot Analysis' is a popular management issue that is talked about now a days.

But Gossip is not new to us. Even Lord Rama was not an exception.Even after Sita Devi proved her chastity through Agnipravesam ,Rama chose to send Sita to the forest believing the conversation that took place in a washerman's hut,justifying his action as Raja Dharma.

Now we have Coalition Dharma in politics( though it is not a Coalition Govt)and some kula Dharma in
    the households.

However much we try, we cannot annihilate the 'gossip'. It is just like making a bell not ring or telling a secret to the wind.

If a man keeps quiet he is branded introvert. If he talks about himself he is vanity incarnate. If he talks about others he is a gossip monger.

What can he do?

Man is essentially a social animal and every human being, without exception, unless he is deaf and dumb, has got a tendency to express his feelings, both good and bad about others.This gossiping which started in pyols or thinnais of our village homes or temple
    prakarams has taken a new avatar called' exchange of communication'through telephones and internet.In essence exchange of views thro the group also is a gossip in a way.An old wine in a new bottle.

Great men talk about ideas;average men talk about events and small men talk only about people. Most of the people are in the 3rd category only and even great men get themselves transformed to the 3rd order on and often.

Better learn what to care and what to ignore.

Jayasala 42