1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So?!!!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 4, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Yes dear Sri sir,

I can see the salient message in your reply and let us interact with our own experiances in due course.

So ... has several implications once we explore with our little knowledge and wisdom to see things as it is....

Several times it encourages us to explore what's in it, how it can be exposed to the priorities and with fruitful results to achieve it...

Obviously our efforts to understand and experiance...

Subbu

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

so...what's next, Cheeniya Sir? Don't take it in TDU's way which means...
    sriniketan

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri
    Next is Abhi! We are all so worried about what's going to happen to her and how her agony will come to an end! TDU has indeed come out with some happy ending. If the Director of Kolangal does not end the serial with a happy ending for Abhi, her continued agony will take its toll on us!
    Sri

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Even our own Cheeniya Sir, is not being spared by the teleserials.
    So what?
    teleserials are being into the category of so.so., yours is not!:2thumbsup:
    Sriniketan

5. Cheeniya

Dear Sri
    I am actually more interested in the ads than the serials. While others dont mind suffering the ads during a serial, I dont mind suffering the serials while watching the ads! And I am more interested the human reactions to these serials. So dont you worry, Sri. I'll never be so, so!
    Sri

6. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Just had the chance to stop by your thread & I just picked something randomly or not... more so because the title was short I thought the reading might be even more interesting... I should say that I was definitely not disappointed for choosing this thread to come back to this forum after a while... though I have some thoughts of mine own on this thread and some of the FBs.

1) First of all I feel that not everyone is receptive to a conversation that begins with a "so" or "appuram"... sometimes it feels like that person saying that wants a change of topic even before the listener spoke or worse still a change in the person with whom he wants to talk. That can make conversations iffy and send the person back to his/her shell.

2) Another plausible reason for one of your reader's uncle saying so-so about his health and finance... it is common for people to measure anything with their own yard sticks. May be he set the bar higher than the reader or may be he is just afraid of people "casting an evil eye" if he says his life is just peachy!!

3) Finally a small note on Eve being created from Adam's rib - if I remember right, the orthodox conservatives don't think its because Adam had feminine qualities. But its because they don't consider that a woman/Eve was complicated enough to need a separate entity. She is considered to be part of a man in a "lesser" sense - that just a piece of an insignificant rib from a man is enough to create a total woman and that the woman has an inherent dependency on the man. Though I do not necessarily agree to all parts of this view - this is the explanation I received. Perhaps once again there are many interpretations and no one will ever know what it really was intended to convey!

7. Cheeniya

Dear Lavanya
    Nice to see you after a long time and I am happy that you have marked your re-entry with a bang!
    I agree that a 'So' can be a real put-off but when you are in a contemplative mood, 'so' can trigger of a chain of thoughts! But I have myself looked hither and thiter not knowing what to say when confronted with a 'So'!
    A double 'so' has come to signify the equivalent of 'Chaltha Hai'. It usually means that things could be better!
    If God created a woman out of Adam's rib on the presumption that 'just a piece of an insignificant rib from a man is enough to create a total woman', then I would be constrained to think that He is more chauvinistic than His creations!
    Sri

8. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

The Lord did not say that directly to anyone so I don't think anyone can assume that He is chauvinistic - these are only interpretations of what someone wrote to someone a very long time ago. As with any interpretation the meaning can always be lost in translation or be corrupted by the interpreter's ideology.

On another note, I was away because I was busy writing my dissertation and recently I successfully defended it - so now I'm back to a more regular schedule. So I will try to catch on my readings ASAP.

-L.

9. Cheeniya

Dear Lavanya
    So I can now look forward to your critical and meaningful feedback on what I trash out. That'll certainly help me to understand other points of view as well!
    Sri

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna

So, did you find the answer. I think now you must have found the answer. Only you can write such a big post with only two letters.