1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So?!!!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

Another thought provoking, stimulating topic you have chosen. In my experience, the word So has the following meanings especially when it is said by women.

'So?'- During an argument, if the lady asks this question, it means the end. It is highly intimidating, challenging.

'Soooo' with o in lower tone - She is going to explain things and you have to shut your mouth.

'So So' - Here reaction to your purchase/the clening job you did etc.

'So what?' - is the same as first ' So?' but with more intimidation.

here is a joke where the 'So' is brought out nicely.

There was a preacher whose wife was expecting a baby. The preacher went to the congregation and asked for a raise. After much consideration and discussion, they passed a rule that whenever the preacher's family expanded, so would his paycheck.

After six children, this started to get expensive and the congregation decided to hold another meeting to discuss the preacher's salary. There was much yelling and bickering about how much the clergyman's additional children were costing the church.

Finally, the preacher got up and spoke to the crowd. "Having children is an act of God!"

Silence fell upon the congregation. In the back of the room a little old lady stood up and asked ''So?''.

She then said: "Snow and rain are also acts of God, but when we get too much, we wear rubbers!":)

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    I wish to make a mention here about the reference to So What? by my teacher.
    He says, one must reach such an unperturbed stage of mind that nothing bothers him anymore. For anything which others react to, he should be able to say So, what.( I am not affected by it.)
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

mm...
    apparam?

sathya

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

When you are expecting a reply synchronising your thoughts or eagerly waiting for a second opinion, a 'So' or 'So What' would definitely be hair pulling.

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU
    From what you write, it would appear as though this single powerful word 'So' would be ample enough to give expression to the entire gamut of human emotions though an appropriate modulation of the word would be necessary to give it the required meaning!
    Your repertoire of anecdotes amazes me! It would be a challenge to write something for which you may not have a suitable anecdote!
    I missed your response to a couple of my earlier threads. Without your anecdotes they seem to be incomplete!:smile:
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Dont pit me against your Vedantha Teacher. I did not contradict him either. I merely meant the kind of 'So what' without the comma in between So and what that is loosely uttered in an arrogant sort of way!
    I am always weary of words uttered with a comma in between!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Satya
    While 'So' stimulates introspection, 'Appuram' certainly can be the early stages of romance! Almost all my love affairs started with 'Appuram' and ended with a 'So!' :mrgreen:
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Malspie
    I entirely agree with you there and I bear the strongest evidence of what too many 'So's and 'So what's thrown at you can do to you! I mean my head!
    So what!
    Sri

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

And the pause .......... when you are eagerly waiting on the other end... how can we forget that......... more iritating.........

10. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    Eve is reported to have been made out of the rib of Adam! So Adam had that feminity stored in him!
    Sri