1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So Simple... Yet..we Had Not Done It Long Ago.

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Hopikrishnan, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

In a couple of days more, we'd have 400,000 dead by Covid-19 in USA alone. Vaccine supply is delayed. Operation WarpSpeed lacks diLithium crystals for the engines.

I have Covid-19 background reading overload. The most recent one I read was from Onion magazine. A good antidote to stop the addiction from anymore Covid-19 information. source

NEW YORK—Shaking their heads in amazement at their failure to see what had been staring them in the face during the entire pandemic, the nation expressed disbelief Friday that they had spent so long overlooking the obvious solution of encapsulating the mRNA instructions for a coronavirus-based spike protein in a lipid nanoparticle.

“It’s so obvious in retrospect: You create a mutated form of the spike protein for SARS-CoV-2, swap in a couple proline substitutions to trigger an immune system reaction, wrap that up in a few-nanometer-thick lipid delivery mechanism, and suddenly—wham—you’ve got an effective coronavirus vaccine,” said local bartender Sophie Litzman, one of 323 million citizens who slapped themselves in the forehead at their own total idiocy for not immediately shouting out “use a solid lipid core matrix to deliver a messenger RNA-based payload that teaches cells to churn out modified proteins to prepare the immune system for viral contact!” the moment they saw news of the novel coronavirus’s spread.

“Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but I was really just keeping quiet because I thought ‘stimulating immunogenicity through intramuscular injections of a strong RBD-binding IgG with robust CD4+ and CD8+ T cell responses’ was on the tip of everyone else’s tongue. God, it’s just glaringly obvious now. Stupid, stupid, stupid!” At press time, the nation had agreed that this was really a teaching moment that the simplest solution is often the right one.​

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Here is something terribly terribly positive about the pandemic:

The Iwajomo family, from left, Ayo, Gideon, Siona and Jessica, stand for a portrait at their home in Aurora, Colorado, on Saturday, Nov. 21, 2020. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Jehovah’s Witness family is no longer going door-to-door to proselytize, instead writing letters, text messages and making phone calls. How Jehovah's Witnesses adapted to the pandemic in Colorado