1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So no one told that life was gonna be this way ( clap clap clap ) !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sabitha_K, Jun 19, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear sabitha! a beautifully written post.enjoyed reading it.i am amazed at the clarity of your thoughts.great ma'm.hats off to you.cheers-anu:)

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear sabitha,

a very beautiful write up. it is very true, in each stage, we want to be of some one. Finally we should be happy with what we are. excellent and do write more. I think nobody should miss this thread.

ganges

3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Excellent piece. There is hardly any comment one can make on this, you having said it all so clearly.

Yet, I am reminded of two matters (somewhat unrelated to each other, though related obilquely to your post).

1. When Dharma tested Yudhishthira, one of the questions he asked was, "Who is happy?" Since most of us know the answer Y gave, there is no point repeating it here.

2. There was this puzzle that someone asked me to solve. A guy standing at the crossroad and you don't know which way to go. The chap knows the answer, but he has this strange habit of making false and true statements alternatively. You do not know whether he will answer you correctly or mislead you. Now, here is the puzzle. Can you construct a question for him that will force him to give a unique answer, whether he is speaking the truth or not?

The puzzle has a solution, but, needless to say, it won't help solve the puzzle of life itself.

Regards.

4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabhita...
    Lovely write up you have left me speechless and I find there is so much to compliment you about ... So all I can say is that it was an awesome factual yet extremely interesting thought provoking post... which is worth another read!!
    K

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A great start. You mention 'Friends' and I recognize the 'happy come what may' attitude.:)

I
    So much wisdom at such an young age! But then, I always knew you were a 'thinker'. Like Mithila has said, you have grabbed life as it is and want to make the best of the moment. How else could you have landed in Kenya to get together with friends you have not even met before?!

No such confusions for me though! There was simply no time to ponder. I just held on to life with both its horns and dealt with it in as best as I could. Yes, lots of bruises, roller coaster rides and glimpses of shangri-la too. But like you so wisely say, it unraveled itself and 'there was nothing before or beyond'!

How I wish life was a little more easy?! I still cannot decipher its mystery. I see a far greater maturity in you than in me who has seen far more autumns!

I read this twice over and dear Sabi, if you have the key to the secret of being happy, then hold on to it tight. I see there will be a lot of rainbows and singing streams in your life and I know you will enjoy them and also share it with others. :) :thumbsup

L, Kamla

6. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Sabi,

I have to tell it again to you...you just write amazing. :thumbsup

Wonderful writing and everyone has said all that I wanted to say in their feedbacks...I do not want to add anything more...oh wait, except that when I was in my teens I wanted to be a private detective.. :rotfl

Believe it or not, I read your post twice and I just want to say thank you for writing this wonderful piece. :thumbsup

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Lovely, Mindy !

What can I say now, you just pieced the missing bit in the jigsaw puzzle :thumbsup

Thanks a lot for comlementing this post with your gracious presence.

8. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest ShivaChoubey,

I am glad that you had taken time off to post a response to my snippet here.Yes, I am really overwhelmed seeing you here not just because your feedback was uplifting but you being one of the busiest counsellers in IL:)thumbsup:thumbsup) , your esteemed entry here was bit surprising.

I need to admit that I read your blogs whenever I find time and marvel at your writing skills where you have taken the fitness in IL to higher echelon.Internet is teeming with fitness blogs but what makes your ones special is the personal touch you give to them and the motivational motif that runs 'If I can then you can also'.I love the way you project working out and eating healthy food so fascinating which makes one jump from the couch and try out.

Great to hear that you loved reading it and I have been humming this song since I have posted this snippet.I just can't get enough of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.:crazy

9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji,

I am glad that you found my post at the most opportune time.

It is true that mastering is the key element here.There is no point in being pedantic and teaching someone how to lead a happy life.One has to realize this on one's own though a lot of writers and speakers make their best attempts to impart this knowledge to others.

Viji, I wish you all the best and hope to cross your path more often in IL.

10. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Sujatha,

Yes, life takes a different turn when you are clutched in the claws of mid-life crisis.I am glad that you enjoyed reading my post.

What a eerie coincidence ! Looks like people who dream about becoming archaelogist take a U-turn and soar high for the skies.:crazy

It was very nice of you to share your thoughts and memories on this subject.Needless to say your plausive words have made me buoyant and surge high today.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010