1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

So no one told that life was gonna be this way ( clap clap clap ) !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sabitha_K, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

a beautiful post Sabi dear :thumbsup
    Let me just say that life is not only beautiful but also absolutely rocking if you also have someone to say "I'll be there for you 'cos you are there for me too":)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

My dearest Alpa,

I know that you would see between the lines and imbibe the message ! :thumbsup
    That was a great chat we had on the last day in Nairobi.I still reminisce and wish we had spent more time...:cheers

That was a lovely feedback that you have rendered here speaking from your heart.

Thanks a lot for stepping by and provided you insightful thoughts here.

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Saby,
    thank you so much for the lovely repy but as i told you what i think you write it and you had eludicated on the WHAT IF topic so well.
    love
    alpa:cheers

4. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabitha,

OMG, never before did I payed attention to the Friend's song. You know ever since I read this post this line is just stuck in my head.

No one told that life was gonna be this way ....... and hell it turned out just great. Think about it, whatever we achieve and whatever we do not achieve we end up just fine.

Your article is really powerful. We may not be what we had dreamt but then we turned out the way that was best for us.

Sabitha you are a fabulous writer. I really enjoyed reading the post.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

5. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

A fabulous post and splendid language!!!!!
    I think all people, at some point, think "What if I had chosen the other option"....To me this thought keeps hitting quite often...but as you have siad life goes on.
    "It is the consequences..." that makes us happy or unhappy.... A very true statement, and once this sinks in it sure makes life simple.
    Moving on is an art, takes immense efforts, lots of practice and once mastered, makes life a cake walk!!!!!
    Your post sure made my day!!!! Today morning me and DH had a discussion and I couldn't let go of some things. This is like an answer to me!!!!!

Regards,
    Viji

6. sujathaumakanth

sujathaumakanth Bronze IL'ite

Ha ha dear Sabitha, when I read your post, it was like reading something that I would have penned :)) especially when it came to the dreams of the little kid........I too wanted to be an archeologist, then it was aeronautical engineer, then an air-stewardess, but then life handed my career on a silver platter to me despite whether I wanted to take it or not. But then it does not end there, does it?? When you are just dealing with what life has thrown your way, you have to be hit by mid-life crisis and again you start wondering where your life is gonna take you..........phaps you are yet to reach there :)

An enjoyable post.....thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Cheers,
    Sujatha

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji ,

That was a very profound statement.I completely agree with you.Destiny and desire don't always walk hand in hand.

Thanks a lot for stepping by and your note on Premji is very informative.:thumbsup

8. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Paddy ,

You always come up with the best punchlines in the feedback and what can I say ? I gape for too long reading your feedback that I need to remind myself that I need to respond to you.

That was a awesome nugget you have posted !

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I thank you wholeheartedly for such wonderful account on life.

Though you are virtually travelling around the world, still you are perpetually stationed in our hearts.:thumbsup

9. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Mithila,

I hope things are fine at your end.

I am really glad that you were able to peep into this thread, take some time and post response.You have made me extremely happy today as your and feedback brings immense joy- you being one of the finest writers in IL.

Your blessing is tantamount to honour bestowed and that is all I ask from you..Hope B'lore weather is treating you well and I wish I could meet you in person sometime this year during my next trip to India.

Thanks a lot for stopping by and gracing this thread with your august presence.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  10. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Amma15,

Thanks a lot for your sweet feedback.You might want to come down to London ( where I stay ) and I will take you to Kenya if you still want to go further as I do not mind travelling to Kenya again..:crazy.

I would say I have different kinds of people around me.Some cranky, some funny ,some cantankerous and some complaisant.BUT I would like to say that watching their idiosyncrasies makes me really HAPPY !

Take care and hope we meet more often in IL.