So How Was The Year 2021 For You?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What were the best and worst things about 2021 for you?

Share anything you'd like to, the best or worst:
    - movies, songs, books you read, web-series you watched, news or sporting events ...

On a personal level, maybe:
    - milestones, achievements, setbacks, lessons learned, great quotes you came across, exercise, diet, learning ...

Laks09, Mehana, SuiDhaaga and 2 others like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Favorite movies: I liked Sandeep aur Pinky Faraar, Shiddat and couple more that I don't recall right now. Watched quite a few good English movies, but most were not from 2021.

Books:
    A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles - Simply put, I fell in love with Count Alexander Rostov.
    The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa - I spared the Professor my love : ) but an extremely touching portrayal of human relationships.
    Jojo Moyes - Read her book The Giver of Stars and the Me Before You Trilogy. After a long time, I found an author that had me searching for more books by them.

News: Each time the Covid vaccine was opened up to more people, it felt so "we can do this." The November Saturday early morning when I listened to the the NPR Planet Money podcast "Moonshot in the arm" was one of 2021's most positive moments for me. To hear how the Covid-19 vaccine was developed in record time was such a deeply fulfilling (?) testament to science and the possibility of human spirit.

The human mind's recall is fascinating. : ) It can make fuzzy the parts one doesn't wish to remember. So, best to skip those.

My favorite quote-find of the year was:
    "The people who help me find my courage are not the ones who swoop in to save the day. They’re the ones who sit with me in the fear puddle and hold my hand while my knees shake. Here’s to the hand-holders." ~ Nanea Hoffman

Amica, Laks09 and Mistt like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

This year for me was not good. In January had to have cataract operation.My daughter came to help me.Butoperation was delayed due to swelling in my heart.
    So she told us to come to Kerala. So we both went her. Got tests done the operation was to be in.Feb but the Doctor had health problem. So the operation was In March.

Everything was ok with me. Due to covid my daughter and dil were not sending. I had dry cough and breathelessness.
    Then on Juky 12 we went to Mumbai.
    Went to Doctor and I was better. But my husband had breathlessness and he was in hospital for fiive days in the first week of August. He was ok but again he was admitted in hospital..On 1st September my daughter and son in law came and told us to wind up and come to Kerala. We were to leave on 8th September. When his nieces came to know we were going to Kerala permanently they came to see us from Pune. My husband was very active in Brahman seva samithi so they all came gave him momento and shawl to both of us. Other relatives and friends also came .
    We left on 8th September to Kerala and 16th my husband expired.

Somehow passing my time. Now on 8th December my sister's husband expired.So I came to Bangalore. With my daughter sil and granddaughter. They left on 19th and I will be leaving this Sunday

Here in the evenings me and sis in law go to temple some days.Come to the end of the year. Hope 2022 will be good for me

Madhurima21 and Rihana like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Superb!

lot of realizations and awareness..
    Reduced toxic people and stuff which are not needed in my life..
    Chalked out what I really wanted from life..
    Trying to make room for self improvement..

Definitely working for the better but all in all 2021 not bad at all!:)

Madhurima21 and Rihana like this.
  5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

I and my family had to go through COVID Sickness
    I had to go through Dengu
    I lost interest in life at some point. I am tensed on how my future will be hereafter...
    I am worried...
    I want to see some light, which is not happening....in 2021:persevere:

Rihana likes this.
  6. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

I really want to pray for all who experienced very bad life in 2020 and 2021... Its not easy.. Not easy at all to cross COVID issues.. God should give the world a relief from this COVID and no one should suffer... Also should not suffer from any other pain.... A pleasant 2022 should be for all......

Especially senior people lost their strength after COVID...I have seen many many people.. Some people suffered without anyone around to take care... Why all these happenings?
    GOD is angry on us?.. Is it due to KALIKAALAM?....
    Again a healthy world should be back...
    Feeling very sad... in 2021.....

Rihana likes this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Not a good year for me but I have every expectation 2022 will be better.

Rihana likes this.
  8. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

I had tough year last year! Had sudden daughter’s marriage! And towards the end Of the year I went through cancer surgery. I recovered and got back to my work!
    But was very depressed!
    Even now while I write this I feel v depressed! At one point I did not feel like living. I’m still trying to get over the depression by being in this website and sharing my opinion! This keeps me going!

Rihana likes this.
  9. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

2020 was a tough year for me and taught a lot of valuable lessons. However I feel like in 2021 I have really started to apply the lessons learnt. I am hoping the change in my perception of things, attitude and discipline will bring positive changes around me in 2022. The seed is sown and now I need to nurture it carefully. In some ways I want to undo all the burden, pretense, fear, unrealistic expectations that I did not have when I was younger and wish to have a simple fulfilling life.

Rihana likes this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

2020 & 2021 was a roller coaster ride with both good and bad.
    When I just thought things are better by spending lovely time with family suddenly going through the worst!!! Never ever dreamt to be in this situation..

Rihana likes this.