Snow fall in China in Feb-Mar 2008

Discussion in 'Indians in China' started by Padmash, May 24, 2008.

1. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi all...

i am mposting few pictures of feb mar 2008 snow fall which halted life at least for ten days resulting in high prices of everything including water.

Attached Files:

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi padma,

The pictures look beautiful..are they black & white or do they appear so?

Well, I can imagine how cold it would have been and the commuting to work place and stores must have been really tough !!

Did you take these pics..padma?

Keep posting more if you can !

Cheers
    Krithika

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Krithika...

they are not black and white they appear so....it was damn difficult....
    yeah i took them..i will post some more.

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Krithika...

some more pictures... these pictures are from Yue lu mountain in hunan province changsa.

Attached Files:

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear padma,
    wish i was your chat friend and you could show me these live in cam....wonderful pictures..sunkan

6. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sunkanji...

thanks for the response..... i will definitely try to fulfill your wish. Here summer has started. So, when snowfall will be there definitely i will let you see through cam...whole view.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear padma,
    i had a friend in UTAH and she used to show me the snow flakes falling and what a view it was i really miss it, i am in bangalore where no snow comes, only mist and dew..sunkan

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Padma,

Awesome pics yaar !! Great going...seems like you clicked a lot and that too...it looks so appealing !!

Even I start clicking pics when there is snow here (usually it is not more than 1 or 2 inches in central virginia.)

Loved your snaps...by the way, winter starts in China during December..right just like in US?

Cause I know that in Australia, South America and other parts of Southern Hemisphere, they have the exact opposite seasons of Northern hemisphere. So when it is summer here in US, it will be winter in South america and Australia.

Here the summer officially starts in June, fall in Sept, winter in Dec and Spring in march..how about China?

Cheers
    Krithika

9. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Krithika...

i loved clicking those pictures i have many i will post them after resizing. Here summer starts in May, winter in november, officially spring starts in Feb but i feel it starts in Mar end as i have experienced..right now we are having mixed climate...actually summer has started but sometimes temp drops so low that i am wearing pullover in the evening....may be climatic condition is affected due to earthquake.. i wanted to take some pictures during night as this snow looks so beautiful during night...beyond imagination but couldn't bad luck...

hi Sunkanji....

if i stay in china during next snow fall i will definitely show you the best view...i will remember this always...i showed my mother during snow fall...my parents are right now in bangalore. When we were kids we saw snow fall first time in Jammu on the way to Vaishno Devi temple in the month of october in 1986......

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma
    Thanks for sharing these good photos.. really so beautiful to look at. Looking forward for more:)