1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Snoring...how Have You Dealt With This ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Amulet, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

First thing, drag him to a sleep clinic and make sure he doesn't have sleep apnea. Once that's ruled out, you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Adjusting pillow height may help with the unwelcome audio. You don't need Nora. When he wakes you up with his snoring, simply reach over and change the position of his head. Slide a hand under his pillow and he will adjust without even waking up.

If all else fails, buy ear plugs. :)

shravs3 and Amulet like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Leave alone disturbing someone else, I have woken up to my own snore many times. When I try to sleep, even before I could get into a sound sleep stage, I could hear my own snore sound. Face up posture sleeping habit causes the most annoying snore sound than sleeping on the side with a pillow tucked in between the legs. I don't like to wear anything on my nose or chin as I don't like any foreign substance on me. I also suggest ear plugs to the spouse who suffers the snore. Perhaps, sleeping in different rooms is a solution.

Frankly, if the snore is non-stop and rhythmic, one can sleep easily. Unfortunately, the snore becomes louder suddenly as though someone's nose is going to take the other person inside the nose or blow them out of the bed. When we attend Carnatic Music programs, they give a chance for the musical instruments to demonstrate their skills for a while and the snore can be compared to that. Right after that, our mind should imagin MS Amma singing and go to sleep peacefully.

Given a chance, I would do some R & D to find out some creative solutions to the problem to make that annoying sound into a lullaby. Snore sound is a lot of energy and may be that sound can be converted into sound of rain, waves, flute music, etc. to make a calmer environment during sleep.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    SinghManisha, Amulet and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. ramya8085

ramya8085 Bronze IL'ite

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

The time I spent looking for a solution= the time I got used to it.

Now I cant sleep without the 'white noise'