1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Snippets Of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jul 16, 2016.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

This was a long, long reading and watching. I find courage to write long posts after going through this.

I am deeply touched. The first two sections were amazingly well-written and video-graphed. You are telling us in no uncertain terms what life is all about and how courageously one can keep oneself alive. I have often put up the quote below in IL. It is a translation I did of a poem written by Buddhadev Bose. This is not the whole poem. Only a part of it. The poem itself is quite long. If you wish, I will send you a link to the full translation.

As far as newpapers go, I find myself in full agreement with you. I am gradually losing interest in them. Even in the internet versions. With each passing day, the newspapers are getting ever more trashy. And bulky as well. Yet, for a good cause I suppose, I keep buying them. The maids who work for us, store them. After a month or two, they sell them off and make a bit of money. Actually, this is an indirect way of helping them. I could have given them the money as bonus, instead of converting the money to newspapers and then converting the old newspapers back into money. I have chosen the indirect route, primarily because I do read the papers once in a while. Am I not a man? And is not a man stupid?

Finally, your ufo idea is charming. I liked the sky, the colour of it, the clouds billowing. Perhaps they were there too. I need to borrow your glasses to see them. But an easier way to locate them is to borrow your imagination. Which I did.

You helped me tour the universe, time, space and all the rest of it. Sitting here in front of the computer.

All the best.

oj-da

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Hey Satchi, beautiful snippet. Kudos to the brave doctor and the boy and the family. It is such inspirational stories that motivates us.
    Yes. newspapers are a nuisance. We just order it for the coupons, and use it for compost.
    UFO sighting - interesting. did u see Aamir Khan or Hrithik Roshan inside the UFOs? :tonguewink:
    UFO sighting and only seen by Satchi - Giving me story ideas. hehe....

satchitananda likes this.
  3. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Aren't you lucky now Satchi, spotting a spaceship :):thumbup: . I have a pair of glasses but not a special one unlike you :p . Curious what I would spot if I were to borrow them from you :thinking: .

Enjoyed reading your snippet .

satchitananda likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

5. satchitananda

Dear Padma, that is so true. I still have my days when I feel grouchy and cranky. And then something like stepping over stones make me feel as if I've conquered the world!!!

I am absolutely obsessed with all this UFO, visiting alien stuff and obviously my first thought when I saw that pic was that it was a UFO!!! :roflmao:

Thanks so much!

padma0604 likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Thanks so much JS Ma'am. That is really precious coming from you.

7. satchitananda

jskls, I realized that it might be the reflection of the light in the classroom in the window pane and has got superimposed on the sun! :-D

jskls likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Thanks so much Periamma. Good to see you here. I don't like to take risks, but sometimes it becomes inevitable. Occasionally I do ask for help but then a lot of time is lost and it is also embarrassing to keep expecting help every time. Really happy to read your FB. :)

periamma likes this.
  9. satchitananda

@joylokhi Thanks Joylokhi. Yes, that is why I keep away from the news. It is very disturbing especially when we can't do anything about things.

10. satchitananda

Dear Vijima, thanks so much for your kind words. Strangely enough, I found what I loved doing only after life took this turn and I was forcibly grounded. For that I am grateful. :)