1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

snippet

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by gitasharma, Jan 1, 2016.

1. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

To the year gone by and the one on threshold :

You went by a little too fast , there were those moments I wished could linger on to,
    Ones I wished never came and those that really did not matter either way. My request to you this time is please give my thoughts a little consideration . It is often said -Time flies I feel of late each year is going faster than the preceding one So I feel ---

Could you go a little slow ,for I have promises to keep, my debts to be paid off
    There are some duties yet to be fulfilled, some grievances to be wiped out as yet,
    In your hurried move some deeds have lagged behind and some have missed catching up
    I yet have to cheer the ones who are in sorrow ,I have to make amends with ones whom I have disappointed,
    Some desires are yet unfulfilled , some duties still beckoning me !!
    Somes wishes that are never to be fulfilled need yet to be buried deep,
    Some relationships were just beginning to be bonded and a few slipped away!!
    Yet others broke away,
    I yet need to heal those broken ties, and collect the ones that slipped by,
    If you go ahead of me Can I stay far behind !! I just need to be with you For I cannot live through without you!
    I yet need to convince the one who has rights over my every breath .
    My dear time - age has caught on and I am unable to keep pace , please go a little slow for I have promises to keep and deeds to be fulfilled

It sure sound like a student asking the invigilator for just one moment to fill in what could not be done in the 3hrs of the exam!!!.

Well time will go on in its own speed I need to do all I need to do
    Hope I make a difference in your lives; in this year to be
    Wishing you all a very happy new year ,a year filled with good health & happiness. A year of fulfilled dreams
    gita

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    7 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gita,

Well said. time flies by and before we know it, the kids are married.

Wishing u a very happy new year, god bless.

Regards

kamal

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Gitasharma,
    Yes sometimes time goes at a very slow pace and sometimes with a jetspeed that we are not able to catch it up.
    We all have some pluses and minuses to do/undo list. In running after them we trip, confused at times and if we update in the last phase.....the progress report shows 'Not bad". That is enough to rekindle hope about future. That is enough to move on.
    Wish you and your family a Happy 2016.
    Syamala

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Smt. Gita Sharma (I struggle a lot how to address you),

What a subtle way to tell that the time is not going to wait for anyone and we have to do what we need to do and choose them wisely within the constraints of time. Ravana, one who conquered all the worlds tried to stop the Kala Deva but without any success. It teaches us an important lesson that nothing in this world we can take it for granted. We have to take every moment with folded hands and be grateful for such a wonderful moment. When we face tribulations, we have to understand that this would also pass.

People talk about the time served when someone is in the prison. We are struck inside the prison of five elements every time we are born. Our life is gifted only to make amends for the mistakes we have committed in the past and let us make the time served to indulge in holy thoughts, loving the fellow beings, doing our duties well, putting a ceiling on desires, attachments and expectations, changing our attitude, and uniting the fellow beings with a thought that all are one.

You are dedicating your life to shape so many young minds and that shows your character in high esteem. Let every year be so fulfilling to you as in the past.

Viswa

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Gita Sharma,

Beautifully written. We all fall into one of those moods one time or the other. You know with New Years a lot of messages are floating around and one of them said this - Time has no holiday, dreams have no expiry date and life has no pause button...so live it and love it - it echos what you have said too.

Whether we realize or not, intentional or unintentional the beauty of life is such that we all make a difference to some one or the other, sometime or the other and receive similarly. Thank you for your wishes. Hope you had a wonderful start to the New Years! Happy New year.

1 person likes this.
  6. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

thank you Rama,
    to share feelings is agreat experience and to have somone with whom one could is a greater fortune. thanks for being there for me.
    love
    gita

7. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

Dear viswaji
    Thank you for all the nice words I was missing your snippets and words of wisdom . was not logging in for awhile. first it was the wedding of my close friends son actually she distantly related , The day after the wedding was Satyanarayan Katha ,its a practice in our families.The following day the boys father passed away he succumbed to a massive heart attack.He was a healthy person was 58 yrs.
    kalyan pandal was yet there and we had to take the body for the last journey .It was rather is very sad unable to come over.but realise life has to go on and cannot sit crying.
    guess as I get busy doing other things and time goes by will feel better though the vaccum will remain.
    regards
    gita

8. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

You may just address me as Gita its fine.

9. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

dear Syamala
    true hope is what keeps us alive looking forward for Tomorrow is yet another day to quote from Gone with the wind,

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

That is the quote from Gone with wind I tell to my kids whenever they are disappointed.
    Syamala