Snacks

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by vijisai, Jul 21, 2005.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Peanuts recipes

peanuts a grt snack for the rain.....
    roasted peanuts...250gms...
    onions as much as u want..here 1 to 2 large well chopped
    green chillies 3 to 4
    ginger julien of 1" chopped fine..
    coriander a small bunch welll chopped
    lemon 1
    salt as per taste...
    keep some oil in kadai once hot add the chopped onions and chillies and some
    ginger julian...stir fry...once the onions r glassy add the peanuts and stir...well for some 15minutes..once u get it is cooked ...
    remove from fire...add the lemon juice and garnish with coriander and serve with coke or any drink of ur choice...it is a very heavy snack so take in small serves...with a tv programme u will forget what u eat it blends well..or a car drive in the rain...fab i have had this that way and tooo good...
    regards sunkan

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Peanuts recipes

well dry roasted peanuts....250gms
    garlic pods 7 to 8
    red chillies..5 to 6
    salt to taste...
    put all these together and run in a blender..the fine powder is grt with chapathi
    and u can add this to make sandwich along with ur usual coriander and mint and green chillies chutney,some cheese spread a little butter and this powder mix well and spread before u stuff it with cucumber and tomatoes and lettuce...hope u enjoy this...regards sunkan

3. diva

diva New IL'ite

Healthy Snacks

I find myself heading out for the vending machine at 4:00 every day at work. I also crave desserts at night after dinner. Some days, I find that I have an unusually large portion for lunch or dinner and feel very sluggish throughout the rest of the day. Of late I have come up with a solution that really seems to help. Instead of packig myself lunch every day, I pack 3 small meals - one lunch and two snacks. I eat these little portions regularly throughout the day and find that it curbs my unwanted cravings.

I am looking for easy and nutritious snacks for this purpose. So far I have tried fruits, raithas, sprouted salads and South Indian sundals. Anyone have any such ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Diva.

4. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

tortillas recipe

hi all ,
    does anybody has a mexican tortillas tried recipe ? pls share with us . txs in advance .

with rgds

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hi Heena..

Didn't get your question. Do you want to know a recipe 'to make' a tortilla or to 'make with' tortilla?

L, Kamla

6. chatkara_tasty

dear kamala,
    i want to know how to make tortillas base . stuffing i can do of my choice .

regards

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Heena !

I saw this in a demonstration by Tarla Dalal. Mix 1 1/2 cups of makai ka atta, 1 cup of maida, 1 tbsp oil, salt with enough warm water to make a dough. Rest for 30 mts, knead again & roll thin to desired size. Cook lightly on a tava & use.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

There you go..

Hi Heena...

You ask and it shall be answered, by Chitra atleast:) So you got the recipe straight from the connoisseur itself....Now, happy eating:)

L, Kamla

9. chatkara_tasty

hi sweet mam and kamala,
    extremely sorry for replying late . but thanks a milllion for the recipe . one question only i had heard that fried tortillas gives better taste . is it so ??? pls tell me . and how long i can store it ?

with love

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Fried ones are used in Mexican Tacos, Heena.

The same combination of flours, salt, oil & water are kneaded. Roll into rounds 4 " diameter, prick with a fork & deep fry slightly bending with a ladle to a u shape. Fry crisp & store. Please refer to any site for the filling. I just follow Tarla Dala's recipe & cannot reproduce it here.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.