1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Smiles, mischeifs and some lies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ria2006, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Yes I am not all saint :tongue
    I do lie when I have to, for greater good and less worse situtation. I am ardent admirer of Krishna for that Verse in Gita, where he says its okay to lie for greater good or lesser suffering for someone. You rock buddy!!

Well what I mean by lies.. I havent told my parents back in India about my injury until few minutes back. I just thought they will be terrified and unduly worried. So I wanted to tell after surgery . I called them few minutes back and told them everything. I know they didnt understand it whole. All they knew was, their kid was in pain and they are thousands of miles away. I got some chiding and scolding as expected. But then after 25 minutes of call, I had them believe me that I have actually put on few kgs of weight after my injury. Because of all the royal treatment, no work and no household chores
    too..:kiss I know my mom would have kissed me after knowing it..thats why the animation.. That s my mom kissing me.

I am visting India in march end, So I had to put a storng face for saying. As per doc I will be running in few weeks. Actually my doc has promised me I can do India if i underwent surgery on feb 1. So I am relying on him.

Now for the knee update, I had first post-operation visit today. It went very good. My doc feels I am doing pretty good for six days. He promised me, that on next visit I will be walkig without cructhes and pain. And that next visit in three weeks. Not bad.. :clap I had promised a feast and a good dress to Goddess Laxmi to get me through this. And you know what, I had already bribed her day before my surgery . I did whatever I had promised to do after surgery. I just thought its cheap to make her wait for new dress. Right!!!

So that was mischief part. And now the smiley part. Well I took shower yesterday after five whole days.. I felt like bowing down to myself for doing it to me.

Life was already full and with this injury i just felt where did things found time for this pain, elation and bonding.. Isn't life like a flowing river, where it readjusts for every turn and every hurdle..

Thanks for coming by and reading it...
    Ria

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Good that you are recovering fast. Of course, parents are parents and they get much more worried if they cant come to our help. You took the right decision. Hats off.

GET WELL BETTER SOON, before visiting India.

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

RajmiArun

Thanks for wishes. Yes I know . I have to get back to normal in three weeks.

Ria

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Ria,

Nice to hear that you are getting well fast.... All the best... All salutes to the spirit with which you took and operation and the recovery process.

Veda

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Ria,
    Good to know that you are doing better now and hope you get well before your trip to India. Iam sure Godess Lakshmi is pleased with you for giving her the offering.Though there are hurdles we experience so much getting thru them. Good luck!!!!

6. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Wishes for a fast recovery Ria. Thanks for bringing up the verse of Gita here. It s a nice idea to relate those verses with our experiences. Keep posting :)

7. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Veda,

Thanks for coming by. Its nice to have greats of ILs visit your post once in while. By the way I saw yours and Shanvy's picture together. You folks looks so cute together. May God confer years of happiness and properity in your little abode.

Jananikrithsan,

Thanks for wishes. Yes out of all gods, Goddess laxmi has become my personal favorite. Because she really quickly approve everything I ask :)

MeenLoch,

Thanks for wishes. Gita is my father's favorite religious book. He always tells us, if we could only practice, we would not need any religion in world.

Ria

8. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ria,
    It's so nice that you are having a fast recovery......so good.
    From your writing, I was visualisng my Mom's pain last year when she had a fracture on her left knee and had to stay in plaster for 21 days.......and none of us were near her.......My father does everything for first few days and then my mom did all by her own (we have a maid there to help)......
    But anyways, its gr8 that you are fine now.........and yeah, u r like me, who used to hide this kind of things from my father especially (he is more emotional than Mom, but when we are in pain, he is the one who will automatically get the signal and ask us....).
    Bye and take care.

9. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ria,
    Nice to have you back and doing well. wishes for ur fast recovery. good to know you will be taking a trip to India too. take care.

10. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hi Ria,
    That was great to know that u are recovering.Ya,our parents will be so much worried,especially because we are very far from them. UR decision of not telling them was right.Take Care.