1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Smile with me please

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ansh12, Feb 10, 2008.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

What a nice topic Ansh! Warms the heart with wonderful memories from the past.

Aarushi and Ria, such heart-warming incidents, really!

Aarushi, choo-chweet of you to kiss him unanticipated! I can imagine your husband’s face! My hubby would be totally red too, if I did it. He is not the kind to show affection in public. Of course, just to see him go red, I do it sometimes! J Well, these days even a simple hug in front of the kids is a challenge. The kids immediately feel left out and push themselves between us!

Ria, you were very much yourself even when you were just married, weren’t you? That’s you girl! I am sure your husband got one thing straightened out in the beginning of marriage itself – my dear wife is not going to take crap from anyone!

Here are a couple of mine –

1. Before I narrate this incident, I have to tell you that I am famous (rather infamous!) for laughing a lot. To my embarrassment, I have laughed at the wrong place and at the wrong time umpteen times. To add to this, I have very little control over my laughter. I just can’t stop once I go into the laughing loop. This incident is related to this weakness of mine! J.
    I was married for barely 4 months then. My husband had a tooth to be extracted. As moral support (not that he needed one!) I went with him to the dentist’s office. It was a very small office and the waiting area was full. Just then a really obese lady walked in with her 3 something boy. She walked up to the front desk and started filling out some paperwork. Her son, not knowing how to pass his time, promptly lifted his mommies skirt with both hands, put his head forward and making a “weeeeeen” (airplane like) sound started moving his head from one end to the other, all this while keeping mommies skirt high up! Mommy had no inkling what was going on.

All of us in the waiting area did not know what to do! Looking at everyone’s controlled expressions in the waiting area, I burst out laughing loud breaking the eerie silence in the room! Everyone’s lips cracked into a smile too but none laughed like I did! As for me, I went into my laughing loop. My husband was taken aback at first seeing my uncontrolled laugh. He had maintained a straight face until now. In a few minutes he could not control his laughter either and burst out laughing too. Both of us finally dashed out of the dentist’s office and sat on the sidewalk for several minutes laughing our guts out!

From then on, my husband knows to never to look at my face when he wants to maintain a straight one himself!

2. The other one is about our first Valentine’s day as husband and wife. I was going to bake a cake and have a surprise “candlelit evening”. Hubby had promised to come home by 7pm that day. So at 6:50pm I turned off all lights and lit the candles. I had about 50 of them in the entire front room and dining area. I did not know my husband’s habits then. He is one seasoned latecomer, to say the least. I am still trying to cope with this habit of his! J Anyway.
    Time kept ticking away without any sign of hubby dear. The candles were becoming shorter and shorter. So I started this exercise that went on for about 1.5 hrs! I would put out the candles and then go sit at the window peeking from the blinds. Every time I would see a car come by our side, I would run to light all the candles only to find out that it was not hubby dear. So go back and put out all the candles all over again and light them up at the sign of another car. This exercise went on for more than an hour! Surprisingly I was not fed up. Well, that was the first year of marriage! J

Finally, hubby showed up 1.5 hrs late! Thankfully the candles had not run out! As soon as he opened the door, he saw the house lit up with candles (regular lights were turned off). He was pleasantly surprised and felt so elated about this special treatment. Needless to say, the candles did not last until dinnertime J. So no candle light dinner for us!!

It was memorable and fun regardless. I told hubby latter how I spent 1.5 hrs hours of my evening putting off the candles and lighting them again and again and again!

We still remember these incidents very affectionately and it immediately transports us to those wonderful and carefree days of newly married life!

SS

2. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi SS

Thanks for your post.I was looking forward to yours, as I am pretty impressed by your posts, the wy you writing everything to the minut details

I too have this habit of lauhing loudly and I laugh a lot.

Your narration about the dentist had me in splits.

Your made my spirirts soar dear SS

Thanks
    Ansh

3. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Ansh,
    It was completely my pleasure to pen down my memories in your thread!

I feel elated that a strong and courageous woman like you likes what I write. Thanks for your kind words.

May you always get the best in life.
    SS

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Ha ha.
    Very sweet one SS,
    I share the same weakness of laughing aloud. I have suffered a lot for during college life. I am still trying to over come it. But I guess somewhere deep down, I love it too. So I will wait to pass it to my kid.

About that Mini Taj mahal, it was all good. But I backed off at last minute. Because it was too adventerous for me. It was in heart of forest and nearest neighbour was 2 miles away on another hill. I just convinced my husband saying.. You know we both are brave.. But I dont want my future kid to have scared childhood. What of the kid is scared of being in forest all the time. My husband didnot understand it much. But he had to give in, after I got all ILs my side.. :thumbsup

Ria

5. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

SS: The candle thing was hilarious! I kept imagining you sprinting around the house lighting all the candles and then doing a birthday cake blowout of all of them...he heBig Laugh

Ria: That is just priceless! You left an entire forest and a mini Taj..the 85 yr old admirer must have been devastated! :biggrin2:

love,
    Aarushi

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

DEar Ansh, Aarushi,Ria,SS.......

I really really really enjoyed all ur replies......very nice topic ansh..........had a real heaty laugh..........even i cant control my laughter.......and ofcourse love to laugh..........imanot feeling well.......so no mood in writing anything here....but i got cheerd up to some level after reading ur posts...........thank u friends.....

7. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi latamurthy

Get well soon and waitng for a hilarious post from you as well

Thanks to all ILites, Ria, Aarushi, SS, who contributed to this thread and brought laughter and smiles to everyone who reead their post.

I was restraining from post anything serious as too serious talks make life dull. I need to let out the child in us sometime.

Best wishes and happy Valentine's day

:hiya
    Ansh

8. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lata

Sorry to have misspelt your name.

Get well soon

Best wishes
    Ansh

9. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Dear Ansh,

A great thread and a really hilarious one.

Dear SS, i am sure you must have been puffing and panting by the time your DH got home.

I remember the day we had a surprise for my DH on his 40th b'day. His b'day falls on 1st jan and in IT this day is a holiday. Normally my DH goes to office for a few hrs even on a holiday...but on this day since he was feeling feverish he decided to stay at home.

Usually for a party of 50-60 people we prefer to cook everything at home. Since ours is a sort of a joint family...(all uncles staying in the same building) we are able to accomplish this job. The preparations had started a week in advance as there were about 65 people expected (all first family and very close friends) we though of having some games too...so i had to arrange for the games, gifts, cake, chocolates and the menu.

On the day since my husband was at home...it became difficult for us to cook and do the other arrangements. My MIL kept on asking him every now and then are you not going to office today...at one point he was like...if i go to office you say i am not staying at home and today i am at home you want me to go...whats up....but since he was feverish we gave him medicines and made him go to sleep.

As for cooking then i had to shift everything below to another aunty's house and divided the cooking at 2-3 houses. In the evening around 6.30 my maid went and woke my DH saying mummy is calling you on the terrace there in nice breeze and everyone is sitting there...so get up and join them you will feel better....when he came up you should have seen the look on his face....everyone dressed in their best and he was like in clothes which were ironed out since he was sleeping for long and unshaven and half sleepy.

This was the first time he had a surprise party ..he was used to throwing surprises for his siblings but for him this was first...and wow what a party it was.

Roopa.

10. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hey Latha dear - hope you feel better soon! Take lots of care and come back and post whenever you feel upto it...*hugz*

Roopa - the surprise birthday sounds wonderful!! :) And all the description about the preparations and games make me want to come to your house for my b'day...he he...:)

love,
    Aarushi