1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Smile Please!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, May 26, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

He greets me with a smile and tells "Good Evening Madam". He leads me to my seat. I sit on the royal seat(only seat) in the room. He points bright light right into my face. He gets ready with his camera and tells "Ready? Smile Please". With great difficulty I bring a smile (should I say half smile because I have a frown + smile) on my face, he clicks a photo.

He looks at the clicked photo and is not happy. He tells "Madam, You have closed your eyes". I tell myself "The bright light is falling directly into my eyes how can he expect me to keep my eyes open. And over that the flash of the camera.. Ufff". I am already sweating in the small room with no ventilation.

He tells me "Madam, do some touch up and come". I tell him "Its ok. Just click once more". He replies back "No madam, your hair is coming on your face. Please look into the mirror and adjust". He caught me now with his "Please...", how I can tell him "No". I look at the mirror and do the touch up and adjustments. I come back and take my royal seat. He looks at me and tells "Madam, your face is oily. Please apply some talcum powder." "oh God, my husband has never commented on my face. How dare he?" I think. I look at the talcum powder placed near the mirror which I had not noticed till then. He looks at me with pleading eyes. I cannot say him "No" again. I go and apply some powder and come back to my seat.

He tells me "Madam, Bend your neck to left little". I take his orders without arguing. "No, no.. not so much.". He is again not happy.

After some left and right, up and down, he is satisfied and finally clicks. This time there are 3-4 clicks. He tells me "Madam, see this and select the best photo." I look at his camera and show him my selection. As usual he is not happy. He says "No madam, lets print the last one." I just agree to him with a nod.

I tell myself "Posing for a passport photo is not an easy task".

"Thank you madam" he says as I come out. I look at him and give a big smile. His face lights up.
    At last I smiled!!!:)

[​IMG]

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello vidu,

ha..ha..very hilariously written about the reality of posing for a photo..how true!!!

Keep coming with more such.

Saras

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

:) - He should have clicked just as you were leaving and when you gave that smile!

4. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotflvERY FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

I have always felt that we are not being our ownself when we are in a studio where a smile is a "strenuous exercise".

I am a person who loves to smile always...but when in at a studio for taking a photograph i sometimes forget how to smile or even look straight at the camera becos we are directed by the cameraman:rotfl.
    I have read somewhere that it involves 37 muscles for a frown... but only 22 muscles needed for a smile. This lesson is not practical within the confines of the photo studio right ????!!!!!!!!!!!

5. vidchakra

Thank you dear Saras for the appreciation!!! I am glad you liked it...

Its always great pleasure to receive feedback from you :)

6. vidchakra

dear k2s,
    good one there :)

Thanks for coming here!!!

7. vidchakra

Thanks dear sunitha for your lovely comments!!!

You are very right.. We can never be ourselves in a studio..

I can guess that you are a very joyful person... :)

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

hai VC,

So sweet of you. Very hilarious one and you have summarised with your SWEET SMILE.Hats off

9. vidchakra

Dear sree... Thank you so much for your kind words!!!
    I always look forward for your comments :)

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vid,

That was a really cute one. Very light and humorously written. What I was most intrigued by was that the photographer was more concerned about the picture being good. Very often when I come out with one of these passport photos, I don't like them at all and wait to be rid of the last copy. And those automatic booths have been designed to make everyone look like a "bhooth".