1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Smile A While Part 2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Apr 12, 2020.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Part-2- SMILE A WHILE

PRIZE HANDING OVER

(Convention Hall, King’s Palace, Stockholm, Sweden. Date December 10, 2020, 10 A. M. Seated on the Dias with The King of Sweden and few other dignitaries from the left myself dressed in Italian cut black suit with a white shirt and blue printed neck-tie. Seated on the front rows in the Hall from the left are Cheeniya, Balajee, Thyagarajan, Amulet, Syamala, Sandyr46, iyerviji, srama, and on my right, agatha83, Viswamitra, jskls, Satchitananda, periamma, jayasala and many others all dressed up in latest Tahaliani and Ritu Beri Creations.)

(There is a sharp click on the sound system and a hefty Female Figure named Isabel takes to the podium)

Ms.Isabel: “Your Highness, The King of Sweden, honorable members of the Nobel Committee and other dignitaries present from all over the world! May I request

Mr. Fulbright, a distinguished member of the Nobel Committee and a renowned litterateur in his own right to say a few words about the prize-winning entry? Over to you Sir!

Mr. Fulbright: “Your Highness and Ladies and Gentlemen present in this august house! Mr. Hairylacquer! I have been a member of the Nobel Committee for Literature for over 40 years now and never in my long career have I seen such overwhelming support for this year’s winning entry. Of the 377 proposals received by the committee, all the 18 members unanimously selected this entry. “Mountain of Hills” happens to be the sole published novel by Mr. Hairylacquer whose love for writing spans over 67 years. He had started writing from the age of three and the favorite writing board for him was the walls of his parent’s living room. At that time it was not possible to infer what the toddler in Mr. Hairylacquer wanted to say as most of the writings were in symbols. Coming events cast their shadows before! This passion for writing was further sharpened in his growing years. Rejections never deterred him. Even though Magazines and Journals continued rejecting his manuscripts but possibly for this very reason his love for literature was fortified. As providence would have it, he had a chance encounter with Ms. Shila, literary agent and rest as they say is history. “Mountain of Hills” is the story of a genuine writer who did not budge a bit and finally proved the naysayers wrong. One copy each of the Novel, facilitated by the Nobel Committee, is already on your seats. I will not take any more time and now request His Highness The King Of Sweden to hand over the Prize and the Citation to Mr. Hairylacquer

(His Highness, The King of Sweden hands over the Prize and the Citation to me. The King utters a few words of appreciation in Spanish to which I reply by saying ‘gratuitous’ the only Spanish word I know. Mr. Chesterfield requests me to say a few words in acceptance who takes to the podium like fish to water)

Continued …Part 3 –Acceptance Speech

2. HariLakhera

Thank you Syamalji for liking both part and two of this blog.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

This part brings to my memory,the scene depicted by Irving Wallace in his book The Prize which incidentally was made as a film in the mid sixties.A great novel,SLN

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. HariLakhera

Thanks. I read that book long back, can't remember the plot now. Please read the third and final part also.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

You are a sick guy.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Hari Sir,

It is my privilege and honor to be present in the hall with you when you are awarded the greatest honor in the world for literature. You have a fine imagination including how someone who is not familiar with your name would pronounce it. I am waiting for your acceptance speech now.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Ha. Now I remember my visualisation that I was sitting with fellow IL'ites in the front row as you were receiving the citation and the cheque. @iyerviji
    was not to be seen nor @periamma nor @PushpavalliSrinivasan nor @gitakashyab . I do remember as you spoke softly with your eyes tear gathering and often the audience applauded midway of your speech and granted you several standing ovations.a few of the audience could not stand because their knee was hamstrung.
    We were profoundly happy when you announced teary-eyed that you dedicate (only) the citation to all IL fellow-members. May God continue to bless you with robust health to rock in future the realm of English & Hindi literature alike.
    God bless us All with that cash award equivalent to SEK 8.8 million in 2020.

HariLakhera likes this.
  9. HariLakhera

Hahaha. Dream and dream big.