1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Smarter!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Aug 17, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Siva is a smart person and a fantastic sales representative. Full of creative ideas and able to sell anything to anyone quick, he soon rose to the manager post, sidelining many experienced colleagues. He married Parvathi when he was just a sales representative and had a three year boy, Vignesh. Vignesh seemed to be a hyperactive kid and learned things faster.

One day, Siva was holding a meeting to discuss about the drop in sale of the battery operated lamp that they promoted. The price was attractive, but the battery was not available in many locations in the market. There was a review of this product in a popular magazine, which clearly highlighted this. Siva was explaining his door to door salesmen to tackle it this way: "Lets send our explanation to the magazine stating that the battery was made not be freely available, to ensure that duplicates are not floated and the original ones can only be had from us! Then we will stock a few hundred batteries. You can all carry the photocopy of that information and convince the buyers!"

Salesmen had a sigh of relief, as that offered a way to counter the negative point. Siva did issue them copies of the information a few days later. What he did not say was that, he never sent the information to the magazine at all. He just used a layout artist to "make" it up. "Why waste money for this, when you can convince them at a lesser cost? This lamp is available only by direct sales method. Very rarely, the buyer would demand the issue date of the magazine after all!" he summarized.

As he went home, Vignesh was holding a new dog-house toy proudly before him. "Pappa! Do you like this?", he asked. "Yes dear. but whats special in this?" he asked. "Place a five rupee coin here and press that button!" Vignesh said. He did. The little doors of the dog house opened and a cute little dog came barking. Within a second, it grabbed the coin and vanished inside.

"You see! Thats what it does! Want to try again?" beamed the little boy.

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

LOL! Definitely a case of "appa 8 adi pAnja, pulla 16 adi paayum" (if the father jumps 8 feet, the son would jump 16 feet). While the father is thinking of ways in gaining profit with minimum cost in the business, the son has already developed the ways of making easy money even when he was a toddler.
    (p.s: I think this is what you're trying to tell through your story. Hope I'm not wrong here)

3. rgsrinivasan

You got it quite right Sofea. Just imagine how Siva would face it when his five rupee coin vanished inside! Thanks a lot for your feedback. -rgs

4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

hi rgs,

Have noticed in most of ur blogs either d kids r smart and sweet or cute and charming :)

5. rgsrinivasan

Wow! Thanks for your observation NandhiniMithun. We always see them like that, these days. Isn't it? Besides, if you have some time to kill, please read "Insane" - a 3 part story that I wrote earlier. It deals with an autistic kid. -rgs

6. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

hi rgs,

Ur right kids these days are truly adorable and charming. I will surely read that, i had also written about autism long back in ma personal blog.......

7. rgsrinivasan

I sure will read that NandhiniMithun. Thanks again. -rgs

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Dear RGS,

Good Evening. Smart and brainly child. Good brain will fetch always good results only.
    very nice blog rock star.

9. rgsrinivasan

Gee! Gives me goosebumps when you address me like that Sreema. Thanks for your feedback and continuous support. -rgs

10. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Rgs,

Kids are smarter nowdays.... Your blog is getting more interesting.. thanks..Keep posting more...

Shanti