1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Small Wet Grinder for hard spices

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by SadMarried, Jun 26, 2015.

1. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

Im looking grinder that i can use to wet grind spices like cumin, coriander, mustard seeds . cardamom , cinnamon etc (along with Dosa and other batter)..Small would be ideal as i have big food processor that does everything but not grinding in small quantity.

Can you please advice any such Grinder ?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you get it in the UK, a Preethi Eco mixie will do wet grinding in small quantites.

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Small coffee seeds grinder is very useful. If you can get it in UK it will serve your need. I use it for making powder of pepper,coriander,cummin seeds and fried gram.It is used for only dry grinding, should not be washed only be wiped with damp towel. For small quantities it is really helping.

4. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

im looking for wet grinding in small quantities , Preeti eco mixie seems a little too big for my need and not sure if i can get that in uk. thanks for your suggestion anyways.

QUOTE=MalStrom;3585315]If you get it in the UK, a Preethi Eco mixie will do wet grinding in small quantites.[/QUOTE]

5. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

@MAlstrom, im looking for wet grinding in small quantities , Preeti eco mixie seems a little too big for my need and not sure if i can get that in uk. thanks for your suggestion anyways.

@Vidhya, I have coffee grinder which i use for making powdered spice as you suggested.But Im looking for something i can use to wet grind like mixing cumin, corainder, garlic , ginger , chilli all together to make wet paste for curries. Tried doing it with coffee grander , but motor blew off , so coffee greinder are only ideal for powdering spices.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

there are some very compact mixer grinders that can do both wet and dry. just spices and chutney and nothing more. maybe you should get you a compact yet strong motor mixer grinder.
    sumeet, inalsa kenstar all thes brands have small compact bases. with three jars..
    doesn't your fp have a grinder attachment.??

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Preethi comes in two-jar and 3-jar models here. One of the jars is small, just like the dry coffee/spice grinder size. Similar ones like Sumeet also come with options. I bought mine on Amazon.

8. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

@shanvy , no my fp doesnt have grinder attachment , disappointing :(

@MAlstrom , i have chcked in amazo , yes preethi comes in 2 and 3 jar model. But its base is little bulky. thanks for your suggestion , if i dont find anything small , may be i will go with it.