1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Small treasures of my life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Saswati127, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

My Dear Husband is a very cool, reserve, serious kind of person. We had a courtship of around three years and finally we got married on March, 2008. I can never ask my God to give me something more than this. I was very delighted, happy and overjoyed to marry the love of my life.

It was a week before my first birthday after our marriage, my husband was on leave that day. He told me that he was not feeling well so he would take a leave from his office. As usual, I left for my office at 8 ‘o’ clock, in the afternoon I called my hubby to enquire about his health, he didn’t picked up the phone. I tried several times, but all in vain. Suddenly, some images came up in my mind, sometimes I spoke to myself, “Hey Bhagwan, Don’t know whether he had taken his lunch or not”, and after sometimes I prayed “sab kuch thik rakhna bhagwan (God, please keep everything fine)”. With all these going up in my mind, I finally went to my boss cabin and asked him whether I can leave early. Though he was not willing to permit me but when he saw tears in my eyes, he told me “Go Saswati, your husband needs you at home?” Trust me this dialogue, reminded me of the famous scene from the movie “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge” (hope everyone remembers) where Amrish Puri says to Kajol “Ja Simran ja, je le apni zindagi”(Go Simran go, live your life). I rushed to my cabin took my purse and headed for my home. I reached home within 15 minutes but to my utter surprise when I reached home, I saw the door was half open (my husband is very particular in locking the doors and windows), I went inside, no one in the drawing room, no one in the kitchen, finally the bedroom, my husband was in the bed covering his face with a bedsheet. I found it strange but accepted that he was asleep. Now, I went near my study table to put my purse, I saw a big greeting card over there, I opened it and to my surprise it was a lovely birthday card. I smiled and was trying to get a picture of what was going around. Then as usual I went to the refrigerator for a glass of water, as I opened the door I saw a big Black forest heart shaped cake, I was thrilled and at the same time anxious. Finally when I opened the cupboard, I saw a packet kept at the top self, I Opened it. Oh! My God, to my surprise it was a beautiful diamond ring packed very nicely in a box. I got the complete picture of what was going on from the morning. I finally went up to my husband, removed the bedsheet from his face, he gave a very naughty smile and wished me “Happy Birthday in Advance”, I was confused and asked him “Why did you gifted me so early when there is still a week left for my birthday?” He replied that “I would like you to treasure this moment for your whole life, so the celebrations would start from today onwards.” So for the next 7 days we had gone for movie, had candle light dinner, went for shopping, went to a orphanage and spent a day with the poor and needy children, went for picnic, and finally on my birthday, my DH threw a very big birthday bash for all my friends and relatives.
    I never thought that my husband could give me such a big surprise. Many Many thanks to him. This blog is completely dedicated to him.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Your every word shows how much............much.....much..... you love your husband ....

Wishing you that he brings a lot of treasured and sweet moments in your life now and forever....

you write so well...keep writing....

-sunitha

3. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot sunitha.

4. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

so cute...what a wonderful way to celebrate...May you have more such wonderful moments to treasure

5. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Saswati,

Lovely writing !!!:thumbsup I loved the way you narrated the entire incident -keeping the suspense "suspended" till the last paragraph !!!

I posted a comment earlier but my original comment/reply got deleted in yesterday's site maintenance !!!

Take care,
    "HAPPY"

6. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

hi saraswathi
    nice presentation and style of writing.....Liked this one very much........May you celebrate all your birthdays this way happily together
    regards
    Meenu

7. hira

hira Senior IL'ite

U ARE REALLY LUCKY TO GET SUCH A WONDERFUL HUBBY.
    LET THERE BE MORE MOMENTS TO COME IN YOUR LIFFE

HIRA

8. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

hi saraswathi

i liked the way you have narrated the whole incident. but i think you should have titled this article as big treasures of my life instead of small treasures.

wishing you many more happy returs of week like this.

bars62

9. Saswati127

Saswati127 Senior IL'ite

Thank you Ammukutty, Happy, Hira, and Meenu.

Hi Bars, thanks for your valuable suggestion.

10. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi Sawati,
    That was so sweet of your hubby. U are very lucky indeed. Wishing you many more such wonderful & treasured moments :)
    Cheers,
    Premsudha