1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Small things make me happy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 11, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

I just sent you the parcel of Bhel because I know you like it very much. Did you get it

love
    viji

2. sdamani76

sdamani76 New IL'ite

Dear viji,

I don't know what i call u viji or viji ma .I read your post everyday.
    I like ur every post.
    reading the word bhelpuri really inspired me to make bhel at home.
    how lucky atleast whenever u r happy or sad atleast u people met ur dear ones and eat something spicy or sweet.

have a great time
    sonal

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Damini

Glad to know that you like my post. You can call me Viji or Viji Ma no problem. Did you make the bhel.

love
    viji

4. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear viji'

very casual and interesting write up. I simply loved it. mmmm for me too it is mouth watering thinking of bhel.

eagerly awaiting for your drawings and that too made during 1958. Wow , old is gold.

thank you for sharing your days experience.

ganges

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  5. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Small things make me too happy Viji aunty...and btw i love all things chaat...so you had BHEL is it...yummy.

6. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear viji mam

i enjoyed reading this post, oh you had bhelpuri, now my mouth is watering, i will make tomorrow.

i am also happy that how you enjoy small happy events. That is so important, that we should enjoy our daily life, instead of taking it granted.

take care. have a nice day.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ganges

Thanks for your appreciation. Veni has put up my drawings under Crafts forum under drawings. When you get time please see.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya

Glad to see you here and good to know you also like all chat items

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RAdha

I enjoy sharing with you all my daily events and happy when I receive encouraging fb from all of you. Good to know youalso like bhel, did you makeit.

love
    viji

10. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Mam,

IL is kind of an infection, i just can't stop browsing several times a day (when i am on leave at home) ever since I have been registered and looking for your posts is a must for me :) I like so much your simple but valuable expressions!

Your this post made me feel to pen a few lines. I also get very happy with slightest provocations from others. To start with, a simple and casual smile from the people around me makes my day! I get so very easily impressed by their (may be little, but to me it appears to be significant) good deed. Like in office, if i request someone to do something and he/she does it, i am impressed! (It may be dangerous at times,and I faced that also). If the rickshaw puller is not asking extravagant amount I bless him for his simplicity and honesty and give him a tip. Because, i think most of my living is made possible and comfortable by innumerable such people who are not connected to me, but silently working for me (for that matter for all of us!).

A few months back, I had a fracture in my foot. Since I stay alone, I went to the doc alone. Upto that everything was fine. But suddenly, as the plaster was done, I broke down completely mentally (thinking of what tasks were lined up of me in the next few weeks and what are all I was going to miss). Though I prefer not to bother people for me, I made a call to one of my friends from the hospital and to my surprise my request was turned down! Then a boy came forward, i didn't know him and didn't even notice him there. He told he knew me as he was working in the next office of mine and was ready to help. I thanked him and blessed him for his gesture. Finally, I called an auto-rickshaw driver, who is available always whenever i need him, even at odd hours to catch a train. He came up, got my medicines, helped me inside the vehicle and I didn't notice that boy came along bearing my slippers in his hand! I was so ashamed that my situation made him do such things for me. The 1.5 months to follow, my life was completely possible because of many people around, who helped me for groceries, for vegetables, for arranging me vehicles for traveling 100 km to deliver a lecture, even the organisers of the course, who had special arrangement for a chair for me so that i need not strain my leg standing on one leg for 2 hrs!!

I am thankful to such thousand people around, who thru their small deeds make my life easy...

Just thought of sharing with you mam. And miserably, I can not be short and sweet as you said:bonk

Bye and regards

Last edited: May 16, 2010