small suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Sri09, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Sri09

Sri09 Senior IL'ite

Hi Indusladies,

I have a small suggestion. I found on home page a section of it showing popular blog entries, popular threads. When I go into the forum, I found 1, 2 or none watching some of the forums or subforums. Though those forums offer lots of answers and help no body is watching them but most of the ladies are interested in those in daily life.

I know people concentrate mostly on family forums like marriage, pregnancy, kids, locations like USA, India, cooking mostly Krishnammas. Those dont need any advertisement. But there are some which might help the ladies to learn many new things in life. Those need some support.

If you can put the recent questions or interesting threads from each of those forum or subforum then people will start looking at those forums and slowly many will gain understanding in lots of areas.

Sri

2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Thanks for your valuable feedback and with such feedback we strive to improve the user experience in browsing the IL site.
    From what I gather from your feedback, your observation is that the home page here:
    IndusLadies - Global Online Community of Indian Ladies

displays under "Popular Threads" - threads from the popular family related forums. In the same length you would like to see "Featured threads" from lesser known forums and sub-forums.

Hope this is what you are suggesting. Correct me if you think otherwise.

We will definitely take up your suggestion when we redesign the home page.
    Thanks once again.

3. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

^ I have a request for which I do not want to start a new thread ...

could you move Recent Threads on the topic view pages to the right column please ...

it will help me in easy navigation of this site as I often use a low resolution screen .
    i.e. if Recent Threads moves to right side then I may not have to use horizontal scrolling