1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Small Insects in the Kitchen

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by srilu, Jul 21, 2008.

1. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am facing an issue with the small black insects in the kitchen from past 2 days,
    It is spreading on the vessels,plates and in the toilet also.
    May be this is faced by few of them.
    I am even spreading the room freshener also but no use,
    Could any body plz give me the remedy.

Thank u all

2. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi All,

Could any body give me the solution for this plz.

Thank u

3. nakkamanju

nakkamanju New IL'ite

hi..
    the insects maybe garbage related remove trash very often and keep the counters clean and devoid of food ..

than they vanish they tend to survive on garbage and open food

4. lakshmy

lakshmy Senior IL'ite

Hi srilu,

see the home made tips for vanishing the insects from home

Ants

Vinegar Use a mixture of vinegar and water to deter ant infestations. Use the mixture to wash countertops, cabinets, and floors.

Flour and Borax Mix one-cup flour and two cups of borax in a quart jar and punch holes on the lid. Sprinkle it around the house. Keep it away from children and pets.

Use powdered charcoal or lemon Set up barriers where ants are entering. They will generally not cross lines of bone meal or powdered charcoal. If ants enter your house through a hole, squeeze the juice of a lemon in the hole or crack. Then slice the lemon and put the peeling all around the entrance.

Fleas

After vacuuming, remove the bag, seal it, and dispose it immediately outside your home.

Add Vinegar to a quart of water. It helps to keep your pets free of fleas and ticks.

Flies

Prevention: Keep kitchen garbage tightly closed. Sprinkle dry soap or borax into garbage cans after they’ve been washed and allowed to dry; it acts as a repellent.

Scratch the skin of an orange and leave it out; the citrus acts as a repellent.

Hang clusters of cloves in cupboards to repel flies.

Plant Mint around the house. Or a pot of basil set on the windowsill or table helps to repel fleas. Keep basil well-watered from the bottom so that it produces a stronger scent

Make your own fly paper by boiling sugar, corn syrup, and water together. Place the mixture on a brown paper bag and hang or set out.

5. shanthi ramanathan

shanthi ramanathan New IL'ite

Hello
    Can anybody suggest how to keep away the small cockroaches and ants away . For Cocokraoches I have tried using LAXMAN REKA but not much use from it . Lot of cockraoches go in rice drums(closed only) and the closed buckets in which i keep monthly provisions (Of course sealed packets ) I am very tired of cleaning them and sometimes i leave just like that .I am very much fed up and tired of cleaning kitchen

What can be done for this ?

Shanthi

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  6. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Hi Srilu,
    *As Nakkamanju has said, there should not be any food items left on the kitchen platform or floor,especially at night.Take 5 minutes to clean up the place before sleeping.
    *Find the source and close it with Mseal....the sprays available in market are really handy for killing ants, cockroaches etc...Using vaccuum cleaner for small insects ,ants and tiny cockroaches wil be very easy .
    *Lakshmi,....thanks a lot for the useful tips.
    Shanthi,
    *Bring a bunch of neem leaves and spread a few before filing the rice container.Put a few leaves in the middle and then on top.This keeps the rice clean.
    *You can catch them red handed when it is still dark in the morning.Boil one litre of water and with a small cup pour it on the cracks ,holes or other hiding places (not on wood....).
    *Apply Lakshman rekha very thickly outside the kitchen door frame ,not allowing them to come from outside.
    Sreshta

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008