1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Small Creatures-Big Joy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, May 11, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi All!
    Friends you all will notice that whenever I am close to nature, I am at my best. And why only me, I believe that we are all at our best when close to nature! Last week I was in Konkan, a very beautiful place. We all never lose a single opportunity to get drenched in the sea. I just love to be near the sea.
    That day it was around 9.30 in the morning. We were all at the beach and were collecting shells. My younger one’s hands got quite dirty in the sand and she was after me to get them cleaned. So we both started walking towards sea as it was quite behind. We had to walk at least a kilometer or so. There I saw these tiny Crustaceans rushing into sea water. Small crabs and mollusks were leaving a trail behind. They were looking so beautiful that I just couldn’t stop myself from shooting a video of them. I was busy clicking them in different frames and my husband was wondering what was I upto? He was calling my name again n again and I was so engrossed in my chore that I was just not listening to him. There were these small, beautiful designs in the sand made by these mysterious creatures. These designs would look like a coconut tree with a hole in the middle. The snails were moving at their own pace. Of course there was no hurry. They were not getting ready to go to office.
    And suddenly I saw a big colorful crab and I rushed to click him. It buried itself in the wet sand. I pulled it out and again it vanished. None of us were ready to accept the defeat. We both tried our level best and yes, it was me who ultimately won the game. Then I think the crab understood that this creature (me) would not let me go away, so he just stood still. I clicked it at various angles and started to move away from the crab. It was still sitting there. I said to him, Baba, now you may please go; your photo shoot is over and there is no interview scheduled so you may now leave. And then it ran swiftly in the sea. I was really amazed at all this. The beauty of nature is such that you really fall short of words when you sit to describe it.
    I am still wandering into that charming world!
    Cheers J

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi anu,

I too join you in admiring nature.i just LOVE the sea and beaches .and can sit with or without company for hours at a stretch ,gazing at the waves or sunset.

And tiny creatures? they just take my heart away.i feel so touched when i see a group of ants carrying away something too huge for them(like a cube of sugar or something).and Butterflies? i feel it is so unfair that something so beautiful has such a short life.good to see you capture such moments in your camera.:)

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear mindi for your encouraging reply.love-anu:)