small ants got inside my laptop keyboard :-(

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by srividhya2009, Jan 7, 2010.

1. srividhya2009

srividhya2009 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I'm using a DELL inspiron laptop. Without my knowledge, somehow small ants got under the keys in the keyboard. they r still there inside the keyboard.:-(Will this cause any serious problems.:?:do the panel need 2 b opened 2 bring the ants out. Wat else can b done for this.. I really donno how this happened n wat can b done for this. I'm awaiting responses for this post.

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

srividhya,

they are ants only - they didn't bother to take your permission to get under the keyboard. that's sad.:biglaugh

nothing to worry, place a chocolate or sweet (not diwali left overs) or sugar and they will come out faster than a google search giving results.

by using the keyboard if you had killed them, don't expect them to take a rebirth & appear.

am i worse than the ants?:)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

natpudan
    that was hilarious:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh
    but ya i feel good advise

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi am not sure how to make those ants come out, but from next time you can use a keyboard guard,which is a thin rubber sheet which
    is adhesive to the keyboard thus preventing dust/ants from settling into it:)

5. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

This happened with my laptop too.

In Nov. I did not open the laptop for more than 2 weeks and it was raining heavily and the ants made my laptop keyboard their home!

And I had to get it repaired as one row of keys were not working!!!!

So...Shoo them off soon!

6. madhurimas

madhurimas New IL'ite

Hi,
    You need not worry a lot,even i have faced the same problem last year.If the ants have not made a disaster out in your laptop then,you can be calm.You need to first of all find out the problems with your laptop if any ,make sure that all the keys and mouse pad are functioning properly because these get affected at a faster rate.If you find any problem,please go and get its servicing done in an authorized shop.
    Thanks.