1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

sls free shampoo

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vanitha_me, Jun 11, 2009.

1. aparajithaa

aparajithaa Bronze IL'ite

i use this one
    check this out if you need info
    Code:
    http://biotique.com/home.jsp

2. sinvid

sinvid Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I bought Jason Aloe Vera shampoo from a drug store (Walgreen's here). it is SLS free. You can check that out on this site.
    Jason Natural, Aloe Vera 84% Shampoo, 16 fl oz (500 ml) - iHerb.com

However, after reading all the threads, I started following Ramya's advice and stopped using shampoos. I am only using the powders (like shikai, reetha etc with yogurt). But sometimes I use this shampoo for my daughter as she goes to swimming everyday and I need to wash her hair everyday and using shampoo is very convinient on a daily basis. The only problem with this shampoo is it will not leather easily (as there is no foaming agent), so you have to use more shampoo and takes long time. The hair becomes dry. But I try to compensate the dry hair by applying oil on that night it self. I would recommend this shampoo as it is better than other shampoos in the market. However applying natural herbs (like shika etc) is the best. But if you can not get those, this is a better alternative.

Regards,
    Shanti.

3. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I use Kiss my face shampoo which is SLS free. even i was hunting for SLS free shampoo, there are few more shampoos with SLS free in whole foods, GNC and other health food stores.

i too use shikakai now a days and see a good improvement after 6months.

4. vanitha_me

vanitha_me New IL'ite

thx for ur valuble replies
    :rotfl:rotfl

5. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Charal,

How is kiss my face shampoo? is it causing hair dryness like Jason Aloe Vera? Please let me know.

Himalaya shampoo is SLS free? I think himalaya products are good to soem extend.

6. kokila84

kokila84 Senior IL'ite

I have used Rise shampoo from Khadi kraft. It is an alovera shampoo and it is very natural. It softens the hair and our hair becomes too healthy . I hope it is SLS free . You can get it from any Khadi kraft showroom and it is very cheaper too..

Regards,
    Kokila

7. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

hi vanitha ,

why should we go for SLS free shampoo?

coz i heard that its a mild cleanser only . ammonium is a strong cleanser & that only makes the hair dry but again that is also recommended for oily hair .

without a foaming agent how a shampoo will remove dirt & grease?
    as one of our IL ite told sls free shampoo also having some problems ... i think we need not run behind it . since this is not practical iam least bothered about it . or else we can switch over to shikakkai .

but anyhow , chek with AMWAY shampoo! me not sure!

8. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Anitha,
    I have not tried Jason, but have heard it is good. i like KMF, but now due to preg and prenatal vitamins already my hair is good so dont know if really the KMF shampoo does anything, moreover i dont use it regularly. i use the shampoo when i dont have time to use shikakai.
    but i feel it is better than other shampoos.
    Using conditioner after shampooing also makes a difference, now whatever maybe my hair is very good. :thumbsup
    Try oiling ur hair before shampooing if u feel it becomes too dry.

9. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Recently i purchased sls free shampoo from GNC.keeping my fingers crossed to see if my hair fall stops.

10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

hi Charal,

My hairs are also good but having dandruff. Once I come out of that dandruff stuff I will feel good. Not sure how to get rid of that now. Tried all and still having dandruff. Im also pregnant and taking prenatal vitamins.