1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Slow And Steady

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sangeetha1982, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

I stopped drinking that yucky juice. Could not even drink 2 days. Im eating low carb food and exercising. However from past 10 days Im not exercising. Might be I had 2 good news and got overconfidence. I got my periods on time without medicine (just 3 days delayed, compared to 3 months). I got my A1C result to normal. In this low carb diet I lost around 3.8kgs. I was 79.65 kgs and Now Im 75.85kgs. It been a month. Fingers crossed. Will exercise from monday.

sangeetha1982 likes this.
  2. sangeetha1982

sangeetha1982 Bronze IL'ite

Cool! All the best with the low carb diet. 4 kgs is super!

3. sangeetha1982

sangeetha1982 Bronze IL'ite

Good to know! Will try cutting down on sugar and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip!

poovai likes this.
  4. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi poovai,I too have my coffee with out sugar.i don't know how much it helps me.but IAM sure IAM saving 2 spoons of sugar daily.atlast every small changes will help to reduce our weight

poovai likes this.
  5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

It is not that sugar we take with coffee/tea in the morning, it is the craving we have rest of the day for sweets.

I used to say, I would die without having a sweet daily. I don't feel like eating sweets / cookies / candies any more, instead I opt for popcorn or few wheat thins chips.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  6. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi poovai,act actually for me, sweet cravings are hiding in so if I see my favorite I loose my mind.i ll stop only if it's over.(poor control!).so I don't buy.if any guest brings sweet I share with maids and neighbor.i still have sweet cravings.

7. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Hi guys would like to join. I want to loose 12 kgs( my pregnancy weight). Right bow down with flu hopefully soon will restart my gym.

8. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

@Archana11 what's the low carb diet which you are following.

@poovai I don't take sugar in tea but I have cravings for chocolates and all other sugar items in the world!

9. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

Hi Salad,
    Low carb diet is keto diet. It dint work for me. Reason is Im obese and as per my BMI i need to eat only 1260 calories. In keto diet we need to eat high fat, medium protein and low carb. As I was eating high fat which are also high in calories, i starved. Because 1260 calories will be very less food if you eat more fat. However I lost 4kgs in this diet but it gave me headaches as i was always hungry. With 2 kids, 5 and 2 yrs and with hunger i could not cope up. From today I switched back to normal diet. However im trying to avoid carbs as much as possible but not taking high fat and 1260 calories are enough now. Right now im 74.45kgs. My idle weight should be between 50 to 55 kgs. So i decided to become 60kgs by april. Which is 3 kgs per month roughly. This is my short term goal. Once i reach then will plan for the other 8kgs. Fingers crossed. I will consume more beans and lentils which has fiber and protein and will aid to weight loss. We can discuss more day by day. Thanks.

10. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi
    Actually none of the diet plan helped me bcos I couldn't be satisfied so I stayed hungry so I am not following any plans
    Instead I take healthy home cooked meals with less oil.eat more fruits and veggies and less or no sweets.i eat a balanced nutritional meal with portion control.this helped me bcos I can sustain long.i follow this for months now .I guess it's d permanent life style change.