1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Slience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RatnaMalliswari, Jun 12, 2016.

1. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

The word silence is gold, foreground of the word hides reality to make out but it may be hidden by many modes,when your slient you may be in deep thinking, angry,moody,being in your own world,or you may be in state of mind to convey to other end or not.Slience is veil to open talk, it stops you to come out from present state of mind.Slience is secret world where no one can enter,it makes move with your soul,when your slient we can see inner and outer world.
    I get remained the following statement when I hear Slience around me

"Silence speaks when words can't".

"Talk is silver,Slience is Gold".
    I never expected that I can post something on Slience as I am talktive nature person.
    I observed what remains with us when we are slient,I could feel it.Thought of to post same here, hope it will reach to all.

iyerviji, Goodgod, vaidehi71 and 4 others like this.
  2. RatnaMalliswari

Tha
    Hello,
    Thank you all for your likes for this post.

3. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

well dear you said it.
    actually said very well.

4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Nice wordings on Silence...great!

5. RatnaMalliswari

Hi shobha mam
    Thank you so much for your compliment.

6. RatnaMalliswari

Hi Rith,
    Thank you so much

7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Lord Shiva ,as Dakshinamurthy is mauna Guru.Sage Ramana has spoken much about silence.
    Popular definition of music is the harmonious blending of sounds.If there is no sound ,there is no music,normally we think.
    But the corridors of silence, consciously crafted by composers ( Vaggeyakaras)of the old was what differentiated music from sound. It is the juxtaposition of sound against silence that makes or mars music. We can realise this if we listen to percussion instruments or Tala vadyas of great Vidwans.
    We had precious opportunity to listen to the great vidwan Madurai Mani Iyer.It is his pauses-silence for seconds that elicited thunderous responses.
    But there are certain professions,certain circumstances where words are the essential crowns.A simple word can save a guiltless person from the grave punishment.
    If you keep silent when some untruthful things are going on in front of our eyes,our'silence' is legally treated as a'lie' or concealing of material facts.
    Jayasala 42
    Reply Reply to All Forward More

Amica, Thyagarajan and jskls like this.
  8. tnkesaven

tnkesaven Gold IL'ite

People say silence is golden

"Silence is the element in which great things fashion themselves together; that at length they may emerge, full-formed and majestic, into the daylight of Life, which they are thenceforth to rule. might rather express it: Speech is of Time, Silence is of Eternity."

That fuller version - 'speech is silver; silence is golden', is still sometimes used, although the shorter form is now more common.

The same thought is expressed in a 16th century proverb, now defunct - as many present-day feminists would prefer it:

"Silence is a woman's best garment."

Silence has in fact long been considered laudable in religious circles. The 14th century author Richard Rolle of Hampole, in The psalter; or psalms of David, 1340:

"Disciplyne of silence is goed.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    Silence not slience
    And its antonyms are all beautiful depending upon circumstances and a perfect silence between two kind words is music to ears.
    Kudos to OP that this post drawn so many feedbacks each has it's own merit.
    I am late here because at the material time I think I was not a member.
    When a lecture is going on in school class room we pupils won't speak but chat by writing on piece of paper. In some places silence is eerie. When there is silence as just delivered baby didn't cry it is sad time. Silence would be mistaken for admission of guilt. It can also be mistaken for hidden wisdom. Near hospitals and schools the roads carry posts 'no horn' for motorists which invariably followed only in its breach. DHs awarding silence punishment to spouse and vice versa now-a-days common. We have words for animals' and birds' cry. But not for cry of insects and ants. Are they meant to be silent ever?

10. RatnaMalliswari

Hello sir
    Who is OP :confundio1:,By the way new interpretation, I need sometime sir,will reply shortly.
    Regards
    Ratna

Thyagarajan likes this.