Sleepy and sleepy and sleepy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ptamil2007, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Tulip29

Tulip29 New IL'ite

Too sleepy in the afternoon

Hi ladies

I am 15 weeks pregnant .Nowadays I feel too sleepy in the afternoon even though I have tons of work to complete in my office I just can’t stop yawning and water keeps drooling through my eyes. As a result I keep getting headaches Is anyone of you experiencing this type of problem. If so can you share what you do to get rid of it?:hide:

2. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Re: Too sleepy in the afternoon

Tulip,

I experienced this problem. Wash your face and go for a walk.
    That should help.

Bye
    Archana :thumbsup

3. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tulip,
    Me too sailing in the same boat... but at times I get so tired and sleepy that I just lie my head down in the desk and sleep for 30 mins. After that I feel refreshed. My collegues have been very understanding and more than that I don't mind what others think...My point is if you feel sleepy take rest for 15-30 mins. Its worth it.

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hi Tulip,
    This is normal during pregnancy. Office work will be there always but your pregnancy lasts for only 9 months. So, enjoy your afternoon Nap may be for 30 mins.
    Take a break and go to family room in office and have a nap there.
    If you have more work and feeling sleepy then you just go for walk or get involved into any chit chat with friends or online chatting with collegues etc.....or browsing through any pregnancy related information.

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Hi, how are your Iron levels, been prompt in taking the Fe pills? Take it with some orange or lemon juice, it helps in the absorption. The second trimester is when you will need good iron supplementation. When I missed taking iron pills, the sleepiness and fatigue will hit me bad.
    Another trick is to eat complex carbs for lunch, so that your sugar levels are stable. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
  6. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Feeling very sleepy at 23 weeks

Hi ladies,

For the last 2 days I am feeling very sleepy. At office, I am feeling very sleepy and my eyes close automatically in the afternoon. Never felt this tired and sleepy. I never sleep/ hate to sleep in the afternoons and this is new to me. Is this anything to do with hormonal changes?

Has anyone experienced this? I am 23 weeks+1 day.

Regards
    S

7. prettywomen123

Re: Feeling very sleepy at 23 weeks

hi ladies,

What's happening? Why is it that offlate any queries I post dont get answered at all or only one person replies. I thought IL was helping out ladies with any queries they have. But now a days I see only some posts that are repetitive get answered and there are no replies for others at all.

Where are all the senior ilites who used to answer any queries? Dont see most of them now. Now I know this post alone will get answered now!

Regards

8. hasini08

hasini08 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pretty women,

Think most of them are busy with their little ones in the last trimester and rarely get time to answer queries :) anyways it will never be on purpose.

Now reg ur query, I have not felt so in the 23rd week. I used to feel the same in my trimester and used to even feel asleep during meetings in the office :)

Anyways its not anything unusua to feel sleey during this time. Are you giving urself preper rest at night or do u work too long hours and tiring ur body? That could be a reason. Also see to it that u take plenty of water/fluids.

9. prettywomen123

Hi Hasini,

Thanks for your reply. Ah ic, could be that all are busy with their kids or with their trimester :) Anyway, I sleep 9 hrs every night go to bed by 10. I am quite active but felt sleepy only in the last 2 days especially when I am only 23 weeks. I usually hate to sleep in the afternoons during weekends. I drink lots of fluids and love water.

I just thought of asking people who have experienced this and if this happens quite late during pregnancy or happens early for some.. I thought it could be hormonal related but not sure.

Regards
    S

10. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Usually second trisemester is the most energetic and comfortable one.But if you are not having rest and sitting in the computer for long time,it could be the reason for tiredness.Get enough sleep and i am sure there is nothing to be concerned about the tiredness.If you want you can talk to your doctor in the next visit .