Sleepy and sleepy and sleepy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ptamil2007, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: Did you feel sleepy in pregnancy

You are very normal and not lazy at all.

This is what my doctor told me. During pregnancy, the hormone levels of progesterone in your body increases to sustain the pregnancy. This hormone has a sedative effect on your body, hence you feel more sleepy than usual. For the baby to grow properly, your body needs to rest, as most of the growth happens while you are asleep. So your body makes you feel sleepy to help the baby grow! So sleep away!

Don't know what trimester you are in, but in my 1st trimester, I was sleeping 8-9 hours a night and taking a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. it got a bit better during the second trimester. now in the 3rd, i am sleepy again, but can't sleep more than 3-4 hours at a time. but try to get atleast 8 hours at night and an hour or 2 nap during the day.

2. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi,

even i too used to feel very sleepy. if my husband doesn't wake me up by calling to tell me have my lunch i will be sleeping for a long time. many of my friends have told me the same thing.

3. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Perfectly fine! I second Pooja 100%. Happy pregnancy!

Radhee

4. Anu27

Anu27 New IL'ite

Any Sleep Issues during your Pregnancy?

Hi Girls How r u all doing....I am 7 months pregnant and so far been having a very good pregnancy no issues ......from 2 weeks though occasionally I get up at 5 Am and then cant get back to sleep......it makes me tired through out the day....those days I do take a nap in the afternoon which I prefer not to! Does anyone have this situation...I dont have any heartburn or anxiety...I wonder why ti is happening.....

Hope everyone else is having a great pregnancy......just trying to make a list of names !!!! Also going to start shopping soon!!!

Take Care
    Have Fun!!!
    Anu:)

5. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Re: Any Sleep Issues during your Pregnancy?

Good luck with shopping and names. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?

Why are you resisting naps? Once the baby arrives you'll have no time to take naps, so do use this time. Waking up early or in the middle of the night is quite common. I used to be so uncomfortable and hot. I had a body pillow that I used to hug for support wedged under my belly and then one pillow between my knees and hubby for my back support. And of course getting up for peeing a dozen times a night didn't help either.

I used to catch up on my zzzzs during the day time. Even that stopped once the time came closer for the baby to arrive. The nesting instinct was strong in me that I would clean and vacuum, arrange the clothes dresser a dozen times, clean the baby's room every day. Big Laugh The nap was out the window. My mom used to get so mad at me, but I was on a mission.

Raj

6. sima

sima New IL'ite

I did not have continuous sleep starting from my pregnancy. Anyway I managed to sleep well. My problem is I had to run to the bathroom atleast 4-5 times in the middle of the night and that gave me lot of sleep disturbances. Now I'm going to enter into the 9th month soon and now it's getting worse. Try to relax or take naps twice during daytime only for 15-20 mins. Do not sleep. Sleeping for hours together will defenetly affect your night time sleep.

7. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Anu

Congrats for ur pregnancy & Have a Safe delivery. Its very common during & its nature's way of preparing ur body for the 'after delivery nights'.

If u have time during the day then don't even hesitate, just sleep whenever u want. Drink lot of juice & water. Also b 4 going to sleep drink warm milk that will help u to sleep better.

Hope this helps. Enjoy ur pregnancy & Good luck with ur shopping & name Hunt.

:cheerseven I am seven months (second time), so when r u due???

TC.
    Dhivya

8. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Anu, Congratulations & welcome to IL!

I think it is normal to wake up during the night. Don't worry too much if you are not able to sleep after 5. Just make up during naptime. If you worry chances that you will not be able to sleep well. As long your sleep needs are met during night & nap (however you can combine) there should be no problem.

I am 27 weeks along. I wake up once for the bathroom trip but aside from that I don't have issues (My only problem seems to be waking up - need the alarm to go off thrice before I can do that :) - lazy me!)

9. Riya007

Riya007 Senior IL'ite

Hello Anu,

I used to have the same problem when i was pregnant. From the sixth month onwards, i used to get up at 2 am and then not get sleep till 5 am and then it was time to wake up to go to work!!! I wasnt anxious or anything, my mind would just be blank but I wouldnt get sleep at all.

BUt I used to come home and have a short nap if I could, so you should take your naps. Once the baby comes, believe me, you wont get any sleep!!

Take care and all the best.

Love, Riya

10. Anu27

Anu27 New IL'ite

Hi Friends

Thank you soo much for ur replies....Very sweet.......I am due January 2009...I have posted an intro in that thread!!!! I have a 3 year old son too....He does go to school 3 times a week......So I just want to be alert for his sake not cranky grumpy mommy!!!
    Lot of my friends also say it might be hunger which I find could be the case....I will keep some snacks next to the bed.....not that fun to be eating at that time of the night but oh well......
    The doctor think it is another boy!!!! So yes getting all the names ready and shopping!!!!!!
    Thanks alot again!
    Take Care
    Anu