Sleepy and sleepy and sleepy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ptamil2007, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am in 22 weeks and this is my first baby.
    During the first trimester I had extreme nausea, slowly it faded at 15 weeks and nurse told me during second trimester I would feel brisk enough. On the contrary, I just sleep and sleep and sleep.

During the first trimester I lost around 3 kgs after which I gained 1.5 kgs as of 20 weeks. Which means I still havent got back to the weight I was before conceiving.

I am working and its extremely difficult for me to get up to go to office.
    I asked few people and they said its ok to be like this and you try and get as much rest as you can now. Your body needs all the rest now.

But my irritation is even after sleeping for 12 hours, I dont feel brisk enough. During the entire day I am like kind of dull and lazy.

I am looking out for some suggestions that can make me handle this situation.

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi ptamil,
    Congrats; it is so common during the second trimester to be sleepy; as you have lost a good amount of weight, your body needs to get all the nutrition and rest for you and also your baby.

If it is possible take a few days off, and get some good help from family and rest, real rest. Gain that lost weight and check with your doc as to how much you need to gain or how much your weight should be during this month.

You need not overeat, but take nutritious food that will help.

3. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hi ptamil

Dont worry. On the contrary be happy that u want to sleep. As rajmiarun told take a few days off and get good rest. Even I used to feel that way in my first pregnancy. Slept all the way through. But after my daughter was born, I just couldnt sleep at all. She used to be sound awake at night and used to sleep only during the day time. So take as much rest as possible, u will miss ur sweet slumber once the baby is born. Just make sure that u do a little bit of exercising like going for a slow walk but do not strain too much. Once u r in your 6th or 7th month start doing respiratory exercises.
    Your doctor might also teach u other exercises that will help u during ur delivery.

Good luck

Regards
    Rakshantha

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thank you rajmiarun and rakshantha.

Apart from office schedule, I am also concerned if its true that mom's if they oversleep baby becomes overweight. My parents have been telling this to me very often Before conceiving I was generally a person of waking up at 6 in the morning be active throughout the day. So this sudden change has put me to a loss. :)

5. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hi

I read that women should usually sleep more during pregnancy as the body is accomodating the new life in you. There are lot more other pregnancy related facts in this article. I have given the link here. Hope it will be of help to you.

Staying Healthy During Pregnancy

Regards
    Rakshantha

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thanks rakshantha.

The link you provided was useful

7. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies, I am also 30 weeks pregnant now. This is my second baby. I am also sailling in teh same boat. I also feel like sleeping for entire day. I have become so lazy dont even feel like getting out from the house. My first pregnancy i was very active and use to work and now its opposite. But I think the best part is to enjoy the sleep as you wont get it once the baby is born.

Though you should try and include some sorts of exercise to keep you healthy like i go to drop my first baby for her school bus once she is gone then i go for 25 minutes walk and then i come and sleep. So atleast I have started walks now.

DOnt worry Ptamil and I hope you have a healthy and sound pregnancy.

Take care
    Farida

8. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Farida.

Its just that now I am kind of submitted to the fact of feeling tired and sleepy all the time.
    I keep telling myself that there is nothing wrong in sleeping :spin
    though its affecting work schedule a lot..

But when health doesnt permit, I dont find any way out.

9. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Oh i too feel sleepy throughout the day, and i am not at all doing any work at home :-(

10. ForeverPositive

ForeverPositive New IL'ite

Did you feel sleepy in pregnancy

Hi everyone,
    just wanted to know if you'll felt very sleepy during your pregnancy.Ever since I am pregnant I have a strong urge to go to sleep (a difficult given that I am currently working).I jsut wante dto chechk that this urge to sleep is very normal and not caasued due to laziness.

Regards,