Sleeplessness during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sadhaya, Aug 17, 2007.

1. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Re: Please help- Sleepless during pregnancy

Dear Suji,

Congrats on your pregnancy! I am very happy for you. I still remember the post where you were asking whether it is dificult for thin girls to get pregnant!

I am on my 6th month and I too had the same sleeplessness issue around 4th month. Just as you say, 3 to 4 hours of sleep and I would be wide awake the rest of the night, but somehow would manage to sleep a little during daytime.

Regarding keeping pillows, I did not buy any spl pillow for the purpose. So I dont know about body pillows. But what i did was, chose a suitable size pillow at home and suppported my tummy on that while lying on the side. Keep the pillow on the side, rest your entire tummy from below the bust and if you want keep the other end of the pillow between your legs. I am not sure if you understand what I say, but try different positions which make you feel comfortable. If you are lying on your back, have a pillow beneath your knees or calf muscle. That will also be comfortable. But we cannot avoid this tossing and turning, its part and parcel of pregnancy. My poor hubby did not have enough space left on the bed due to all this, but somehow we are adjusting.

Otherwise, has ur nausea and vomiting subsided? Is your anomaly scan over? Are u carrying twins or a singleton? Dont worry, these small small discomforts will in a way prepare us for the entire procedure of labor and delivery. Take gud care of urself. Happy pregnancy!

Radhee.

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Thanks kaavya and sanravi for ur response.

Kaavya gud that u overcame such threats and gave birth to a healthy baby.Ya,sometimes things tend to get out of our control.The same happened with my sister.She had a pre term c section as the baby was in distress.But now both r doing fine (thank god).

suji

3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Radhee for ur wishes.
    We thought this new year let us have our kid now,and by everybodys blessing i conceived in jan itself.That was a wonderful moment,i think u know the feeling.
    I am having a single baby,twins would have been great though!
    I had my scans and detailed ultrasound and the doctor told everything is going on fine (touch wood).
    I had severe nausea and vomiting in 6th to 13th week after that i feel better.That was a tough time with nobody around to help and husband having project deadline.
    Ya even i remember my post sharing my doubt abt thin girls and babies.Felt happy that u remember it.
    I am due oct14th,so waiting for my baby,let us hope things go fine with all the expecting moms here.
    Take care,

suji

4. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

congrats on your pregnancy suji..enjoy

5. showmemiss

showmemiss New IL'ite

Trouble sleeping.

I am having trouble sleeping big time!!! I toss and turn through the night and worried about baby being okay while I do all this. I didn't think I will have back trouble this early. People say 4 months it shouldn't be much of a problem. I do have some pinching in my back.

Itching too. I use coconut oil. Best remedy so far. I pee a lot. Haven't stopped doing that. 3-4 times during the night!!!

Any one else experience sleep problems? Any remedies?

6. Stiteler88

Stiteler88 New IL'ite

My sister is also expecting and she just can’t quit her habit of drugs so she has been trying to deal with it. I think it would be a good idea to take her to the opiate detox norfolk center but I am afraid as she is pregnant. Do you think rehab center is a good option for her?

7. AalokaMalik

AalokaMalik New IL'ite

Exactly