1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping with a ....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi suja,

thanks dear.
    :cheers to you.you seem to be as fussy as me re sleep.:) good for you that it was a temporary problem.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi shahbana,

nice to know you enjoyed the post :)

hahahah i enjoyed your fb too . talking in his sleep,huh? :rotfl it takes all types i guess.there are snorers,sleep walkers,sleep talkers :biglaugh

thanks,i will consult a physician

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi sona,

thank you so much ! glad that I made you feel much better.I take that as a great compliment.:)

good for you :biglaugh tit for tat or should it go snore for snore...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mahisree,

thank you so much ! glad that you liked the post :) and could relate to it.:biglaugh

gifting nose strips.?..hahaha thats a gift for both of you,no?i shall do that too.:thumbsup

5. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mindian - You are really so lucky that your dh only snores and that too not always.. My dh starts with mild snoring and the decibel increases till it resembles a lion's roaring and then it sounds like an elephant's trumpeting!! I tried pushing, elbowing, prodding and believe me, nothing works. So, I get up slowly and go to one of the other bedrooms to sleep and within 5 minutes he will be there, shaking me and asking 'why you are here? Are you angry with me?'.. I came to the conclusion that his snoring has something to do with me after all! Though I can't love it as someone here suggested I have learnt to grin and bear it as someone else had suggested here..

6. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

Enjoyed your humorous post.

Well my sympathies are with your husband. Mine says he feels like he is sleeping with a road roller! And like your DH, I too have no vices my dear, just a little snoring and that too over the past 5 or 6 years - thanks to sudden weight gain! It is definitly much less now with regular exercise. I am not obese but at 5'5" I am expected to weigh 62kgs and not 66kgs which I am!

But believe me, you will miss it when there is absolute silence! Just the other night I was reading late and fell asleep in the drawing room. Itseems the silence woke my DH up in the middle of the night, he panicked when he did not find me next to him! Next morning he told me ," We hadn't even fought, so why did you sleep in the drawing room?" Well snoring has its uses.Haha.

Love,
    Usha

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Monifa,

hahahha enjoyed your fb too, very much.
    Yes, sometimes even I have experienced that feeling..that he snores only when I am next to him.:biglaugh we have no other go but to grin and bear it hahhah but i am feeling much better that it seems to be an Universal phenomenon.:biglaugh

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear Usha,

How have you been? Feels like a long time since we met.:)

Ohh i was wondering why your sympathies were with the snorer instead of poor me and then I got it hahhaah
    Does snoring have anything to do with weight gain??? I did not know that .but I agree with you... just a little snoring is not a vice at all.we can afford to be indulgent and award the snorer with a tight hug,no? But so cute of your hubby to miss that and wake up due to silence.:)
    thanks dear for the visit.

9. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

Hi! Just loved your post. It was hilarious to say the least. Of course, what you go through each night only you know!!

And pray tell me how many years has this sleeping with the enemy, sorry snorer been?

Nice Day
    Shail

10. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Hey Mindi,

That was hilarious! I think in couple of years time, you might write a post stating that you cant sleep without hearing your husband's snores :rotfl

On a serious note, if the snoring is so loud that it keeps you awake, you might want to check with your doctor to make sure there are no other issues. I think there are all sorts of remedies from using anti snoring mouth guard to doing nasal reconstructive surgery...