1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping with a ....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mindi
    God made man with a mind that could brush aside all problems that might befall his way during his journey through life. Then the Almighty thought it would be nice to provide him company and created woman. But He wanted to make her different from the man because in His reckoning, a company who would tow his line in everything might soon bore him into extinction. I am not surprised that He pursued this line of thinking because He had to live up to His reputation of ‘inscrutable are the ways of God!’

So He made the woman fussy, a trait that He did not bless the man with and what a blessing it turned out to be! So, the man had roamed about Eden to his heart’s content and when he became physically tired out and started bumping into every tree at nightfall, he fell asleep and slept like a log of wood. Eve also did the same amount of roaming about, became equally fatigued but could she fall asleep? No way! Because, Adam was making some funny noises while sleeping and that disturbed her well earned slumber. God hoped that she would get used to it in course of time but His folly of investing her with the quality of making a lot of fuss over even small inconveniences, she could never get used to the funny nocturnal noises that her consort was making.

A helpless God watched in dismay the growing discontent in the woman at the way her man who could sleep like a child after a day of honest toil vocalized his pleasure through some funny guttural noises while sleeping. Eve was becoming increasingly grouchy and God knew that a showdown was imminent unless some urgent remedial action was taken. He had to think on His feet and finally introduced the wily Serpent into the scene.

Through the Serpent, He planted the message about the Forbidden Fruit into the mind of Eve. She lost her sleep completely after that and she became oblivious of the snoring of Adam as she became awfully obsessed with the Fruit! But unfortunately, she started talking incessantly about the Fruit leaving Adam sleepless and bleary eyed. He snored no more because Eve never allowed him to sleep.He finally got the Fruit but after eating it, Eve had to face a million more problems. When Eve was last sighted, she was sitting by a tranquil lake ruing over the heavenly days when she had to contend only with a solitary problem of Adam’s snoring but look at her life now! She felt overwhelmed and started singing mournfully
    Those were the days my friend
    We thought they'd never end
    We'd sing and dance forever and a day
    We'd live the life we choose
    We'd fight and never lose
    For we were young and sure to have our way.
    Sri

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear cheeniya sir,

Your fb comes as a grand finale to this post that so many of my kin here could relate to. Of course we had to have somebody speaking for the antagonist. :)

Even back then when Adam was cavorting around the trees (and as you said bumping into them when tired :biglaugh) Eve was probably busy making their home beautiful and tidy.

Today Adam’s descendants are most happy to curl around with a book or watch their favorite sport in silence.……and if at all his consort asks in return for a bit of silence and that too only at the end of the day ...is it too much to ask for?

And going by the fbs here we are a sporting lot…we can even laugh it off.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mindi

Today I was at the medical shop and saw an advertisement which said that there is an anti spray for snoring. The name of the product is Silence. Should I send you that medicine or when you come in August to India you can buy it.

love
    viji

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

I think you did not notice the fb given by me as at that time you did not come here for two, three days.

love
    viji

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

So Sorry I missed your fb. Yes, nowadays I have no regular time to log into IL .Thank you so much! It is really sweet of you.:)
    So now this trip to india will not only see me buying mysore pak from Krishna sweets or khaju khatli from kanthi sweets but a " silence" from vishal medicos too. Hhahahha