1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping with a ....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Sleeping with a Snorer

If there is just ONE thing that I could change in my hubby, it would be for him to stop snoring. Now, I am one of those fussy light sleepers. I need a dark room with curtains drawn and the air conditioner at the right temperature. But most importantly, I need ABSOLUTE silence. Yes, you may think I am crazy, but I have actually removed the wall clock from my bedroom, due to the annoying ticking noise that it makes. No wonder, God thought it fit that I deserve a man who doesn’t just snore, but SNORES.

I often tease him that I wish my father had been wise enough to ask him about this before the wedding itself. Instead my Appa had come home pleased as punch that the horoscopes matched perfectly and the guy had absolutely NO bad habits.

One day before our wedding, we had made arrangements for his uncle and family to sleep in one of the flats in our building in Mumbai. Well, that night, his uncle's snores were heard by all of us. It had travelled through the stillness of the night over three flats in between. All my cousins teased me - "like mama like bhanjha …you better be prepared!"
    Of course it was too late for me to do anything about it, and in my naivety I thought that it was too "trivial" a matter in so "marvellous" a person. Besides I was all ready with my vows for the next morning that went "I take thee in sickness or health, for richer or poorer, in snoring or not snoring ……"

Now I will be generous and let you all have a peak into one of our "hot and sizzling" bedroom scenes:

He drifts away into oblivion in ten minutes.
    I am still trying to make my mind blank.
    Another five minutes and he starts snoring.
    I control the urge to tweak his nose (the source of all the trouble or so I think), and also have the maddening desire to laugh at the way my brain works.
    I toss and turn, and call his name loudly in exasperation.
    Guess what! ….….THAT WORKS!!!!!!
    There is silence. Absolute silence.
    For maybe ten minutes.

Again he starts.
    This time I give him a sudden nudge.
    He wakes up all startled and asks "enamma?"
    Ohhh I just cannot bear that, since disturbing him was not my plan at all. I too want to sleep, that's all.
    Full of remorse I hug him tightly and he reciprocates by turning towards me and holding me.
    But OH! MY! GOD! That turns out to be a bad move because he is now snoring right into my ears.

Again I cannot bear it, and tell him that today's snoring is at its worst. He asks me whether he should go and sleep in the other room. No, not that bad, I assure him.
    The truth is I read a very thrilling Mary Higgins Clarke during the day and am scared of sleeping alone in the room.
    Somewhere along the night I do drift away into sleep.

Though it is irritating at that moment, I can actually laugh it off in the morning. Over our morning cuppa I tell him maybe he should see an ENT, and he promises next Saturday (which somehow never comes) and then goes back to his newspaper saying" I am ready to try out any remedy you suggest" and with a laugh "Ask your best friend these days,...IL?"

Well, that’s exactly what I am doing now. Do any of you have any tried and tested anti-snore remedies? As of now it has not yet reached his uncle's decibel, but you never know…what if it does?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010

2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mindi....
    Sorry don't know any remedy... but I laughed through your post!!!... tooooo cute... (your bedroom scene!!!)
    I think maybe you can use earplugs????
    have a goodnight
    K

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,
    What a hilarious post!!! You made us see what is happening in your bedroom, through your nice narration. But dear,
    it is a scene that has played out in countless bedrooms for years; a wife tries to fall asleep as her husband snores loudly next to her. The wife angrily shushes her husband, tries to roll him over and ultimately leaves the bed for the stiff couch in the living room. Often, the husband barely notices his raucous rumblings,
    Snoring research has shown that a jaw supporter, keeping the lower jaw in an upward position increases the three dimensional space in the airway, reduces air velocity and soft tissue vibration. This action can eliminate or substantially reduce snoring.This is what i found out !! Even if it does not stop bear with it !!!:)
    with love
    pad

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

Well ur case and harsha's is the same.i sleep soundly and snore, so she says, but id ont beleive ehr, for i never see my self snorning.

Best , on the light and with the mobile camera, film him snoring and show him in the morning, and threathen him, he will not hug u, and he will have to sleep in a seperate room if he dosnt stop to snore.HAHA

once he sees the movie, he will be convinced, but i cal tell u, that u will not be able to sleep without his snoring.HAHA

You ears have got used to it for sure. try it and tell me.

Gerat one REgards

kamal

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hahahah Mindi I am with you let us all remove a morecha telling DH stop snoring...hehehehe
    I too face same problems like you, i twist turn put cotton in my ears but that sound never stops sometimes when it is too much I will sleep upside down. 1st time when he saw me sleeping this way so innocently he came and asked me what happened to you why are you sleeping this way I coolly told him it is your snoring.......poor guy was so embrassed.......hehehe but now he is use to it:)
    Recently na another incident happened on this snoring....I don't know what was the reason he was snoring so badly i turned him all the sides but still did not stop i made all the staunts but all in vein. At last woke up and went to the other room and slept. After we woke up had to get ready and go out as was going somewhere for a picnic and we got busy with that on the way he suddenly remembered and asked me why did you sleep in the other room. he thought I was angry or something with him...hehehe
    I told him you were snoring so much so had to go to the other room and all the friends started laughing.
    Even i am here for some remedy for snoring I will be really greatful if this snoring problem is solved.....
    But I don't think there is anything Mindi........I have tried a lot:hide:
    Now so use to it some other sound I wake up immediate but snoring getting use to it but sometimes it does irritates...hehehe

6. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Hilarious one... couldnt control my laughter though its a daily scene in our bedroom :thumbsup
    Count me too.... My God!!! Sometimes he would make sounds tat wouldnt be anything like snoring, but some kind of sound made by vehicles under repair:bowdown...
    Earlier it was just me who was disturbed by it, but now DS too is not left out :hide:... sometimes DS would wake up coz of DH's high pitch noises and i would say one day or other i might just hold ur nose :biglaugh....
    Poor guy he used to ask me if i want him to sleep in the other room - but i dnt want to deny him the pleasure of sleeping with our DS - its a cute scene to see them cuddling in the bed:cheers...
    Hmm only thing tat worked for me is, me and DS would go to sleep 30mins before DH, so tat we are already in sound sleep vn he kick starts his sound machine :rotfl

We havent tried any control measures yet - I used to ask DH to sleep on his front, so tat he would snore less. He does it and mostly it would work, but he would roll back anytime :bowdown - My only suggestion is get used to it :hide:

7. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

I am :rotflreading your post. Shouldn't it be "Sleepless in ..." title. LOL My day is going to be much better...I so needed a laugh this morning and you have provided that with a peak into one of your "hot and sizzling" bedroom scenes......LOL.

I am just going to say...please give your DH a break paapam, it is not in his control, no?? "like mama like bhanjaa" its in his genes. :rotfl

Loved the way you had written about the vows "I take thee in sickness or health, for richer or poorer, in snoring or not snoring ……":biglaugh

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Ha ha ha...and more ha ha ha...:rotflBut no remedies dear!
    Well, I see various ads on TV to fix a snore..or was that a roar??:)

I may not have a remedy for your hubby, but have one for you. Ok, download Bombay Jayashree's Vatsalyam on to your Ipod and plug your earphones on and she will surely put you to sleep.

As it happens, recently went to her concert and made my friend buy Vatsalyam and she played it in the car on our drive back home and was upset with me! She said it was so slow (and monotonous, according to her!!) that it was putting her to sleep and she needed to drive..!!:biglaugh

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  9. APassionateOne

APassionateOne New IL'ite

Oh..Mindi..Very Funny. Do ALL men snore or what? It was the same growing up with my dad and now it is my 'partner-in-crime' snoring away like a 'tea kettle on low' beside me!

Thanks to the god given weapons, the elbows and that silly mattress- that interrupt him with my poking and my tossing and turning.

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotfl Cute narration yaar.
    Tell you what, I have a remedy. Love it! That's what I do. :)