1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

sleeping schedules change?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by lalith123, Apr 20, 2011.

1. lalith123

lalith123 Senior IL'ite

HI, my 3 months old is giving me real tough time at night especially. HE gets up in the middle of the night and he want to sleep in the cradle and the best part is he wants me to rock it@ and keep rocking irrespective of whateverthe time is@ m lacking sleep. WIll this process and schedule change? if s when. plz help. NOW the time is 3am and m rocking his cradle. IF I put him onthe bed he is crying .

2. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi lalith

its quite common for kids to do that way...
    every month u can find change in ur baby.
    Yes..we need to forget about the sleep till they are at least 1.5yrs.
    one thing u may do is...make him sleep on bed only even though he gets up..this may be tough for 2 days and third day he will get used to it.

3. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

lalith, kudos for you to do that at 3am. i would've given up by 1! But seriously, the more you rock, the more he will get into the habit. anyways you cannot sleep, might as well stay awake and break this habit.

I would suggest that you put him on the bed. if he cries, pick him up and calm him, and once he is calm, put him on the bed again.
    repeat this as many times as it takes to get him to sleep.

Also, set up a routine for bedtime - either a bath or a massage or rocking or dimming the lights or soft lullaby... choose whichever suits you- and then do this every night just before sleep time. in a week or so, the baby will understand that this routine means i have to now go to sleep.

4. lalith123

lalith123 Senior IL'ite

gr8 ideas... massage at night??? but oil massage? oil again, shud i wash him again??? or any cream wud do??? scared of using johnsons coz he had rash wen used at the time his birth?? so any other cream suggestion??

5. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

i do an oil massage with olive oil, and follow it up with a warm splash, and ds is fine. the idea is just to have a break from normal activity into something thats more relaxing and will 'wind down' the baby. My friend only massages, no bath. Another uses some kind of massage gel that is not sticky, so no need to bathe. depends on your circumstances and the baby. Routine really helps with kids. So do this around the same time everyday. keep only one light on in the room, speak in soft soothing tones and low pitches, no laughing, tickling, playing etc. Follow it up with warm milk/ self feed, and i think the baby will like this habit.