1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

sleeping position of baby worries me!!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by headspin, Jun 15, 2010.

1. headspin

headspin Bronze IL'ite

hi all.

DS is 7 months now. he now likes ONLY to sleep on his sides. but its a vague position. hope im able t explain it clearly and all understand :).

his head is to the left and stretched towards back cieling a lot. his left hand obviously comes under his head and right hand is over the left. the chest part is left inclined. but the stomach and the remaining body is like normal sleeping back position (i.e. lower back and remaining body/bum is resting on the matress). if he is not on his side, he has to be on his stomach.

is this normal???

and if i dont turn him to his back, he is sleeping non stop for 5 hrs in the same position. this preference is in the night times mainly. day time naps are short and he sleeps on his back fine. and his sleeping position scares the wits out of me.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010

2. ilite

ilite Senior IL'ite

Hi headspin,

Don't worry let him sleep in any position he is comfortable in. Mine sleep in all kinds of positions. Only thing to take care before you put them to sleep, burp them, don't have too many loose fitted sheets around , comfortable warm clothes and right temperature. I try to check on them if I wake up in the night or else I don't.

regards,

3. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Hi headspin,

Your LO is at a age where he can turn his head and body if he is uncomfortable..
    If he is uncomfotable then he will definitely let you know by crying...If he is sleeping good in this position I wouldn't move him or change his position...

My DS sleeps in so many different positions I can't even explain...I let him sleep as long as he is uncomfortable...Sometimes his hand gets stuck behind his back and he cries because he cannot get it out...