1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping Apart Since Having A Baby

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Deborah, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Between a husband who "gets upset when she goes to sleep with her toddler as he wants her in the same bed" and a husband "who does not miss her at all", the latter is the better of the two necessary nuisance/ worry/ non-problem to have. : ) Take it from me. I've been married 5 times as long as you've been. : ) And been through all possible family sleeping combinations possible.

My short advice: sleep is precious. It deserves a separate layer in Maslow's hierarchy. : )

Amica, Nonya, SunPa and 3 others like this.
  2. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

@Rihanna - You might not know but this is so comforting to hear.Thank for writing this.

3. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

It is normal don't worry.but y u r losing ur intimacy..just change the bed size or come to ur husband room for some time to make some play or intimacy automatically The things willworkout .but don't continue ur style (sleeping seperate)because it's not good ...

4. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi @Deborah,

Have you tried a white noise machine, ( i prefer a fan) in your bedroom, so your kid doesn't wake up with other noises..

As long as you feel warm and connected in other ways to your husband, this is not such a big issue.. also some dads (unlike most moms i know) feel the need to sleep alone and not be disturbed at night if they have a rigorous work schedule, dont know about your husband's.. maybe that is a reason?