1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sixth sense

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Jul 4, 2012.

1. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

I was like this stranger , running to the school gate before closing , chasing the college bus (with my dad driving through shortcuts and chasing the bus:drowning) , chasing the office bus (with friends cum colleagues,this time in auto:bonk) but guess my so called sixth sense started growing along with my DD... still there are days when we both run to catch the van :hide: and i have definitely improved (thats called being responsible :thumbsup) Now i am practicing before preaching my little one :)

P.S . My DH never leaves in hurry and starts almost at the right time but he has missed the flights twice and booked the next one,blame it on heavy mumbai traffic .

If we are destined to catch the train,we will !!

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Strangerrr,

I grew up in Adyar when I was doing my professional course and there used to be a catching phrase to drive slowly at the corner of Lattice Bridge and Guindy Road called, "Better be late than called late". I share the concern like Akila that you should not challenge the auto drivers to drive fast.

I am a big believer of reaching every place early including airports. My business partner has same qualities like you. Once we both reached JFK airport an hour before departure thanks to my pestering. We both walked up to the checking in counter and found the flight not listed in the board. My partner was shocked and suddenly it occurred to be that we were supposed to leave from Laguardia airport. We ran outside the airport to find a cab and there was a big line for cabs. Suddenly, one cab driver pulled in front of us and my partner told him Laguardia airport in the next 20 minutes. He reached us exactly in 20 minutes through a lot of bypass roads. I closed my eyes throughout my cab journey.

Viswa

3. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Dear Vishwa,

The incident you shared remind me of an incident where a passenger boarded the train one day late (the timing printed was 00.05 hrs) which leads to their confusion, that to the mid night. Will pen that some day in "co-passenger" series.

I totally agree with your belief of catching flights/train earlier. In fact my dad advice at least 30 min earlier; one of my well wisher says i need to be at station as such it should allow me to have time to come back to home to fetch and go back to station in case if i forget anything.

Many thanks for sharing your belief and experience :)

4. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

I will let my amma and sister read your comment, so that they get a hope that i will also change at some point of time :p

Jokes apart, Thanks for sharing your experiences and on going late to school, i could write series of blogs (will write at least one some time later)

5. Sindhurak

Sindhurak Platinum IL'ite

Nice Narrating Strangerrr.. While reading even I got the same doubt as Tuffyshri...

6. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Sorry for that sindhurak! i have edited the post so that it will be much clear for others to come.

Many thanks for dropping in to give a feedback :)