1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Six Year Old Talking About Skin Color...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Mar 17, 2019.

1. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

That's what I was trying to say too, you put it much better words.:smile:

As a family you should talk about everything. If her daughter's words hurt her, she should share that too since that is part of growing up that what we say and do does influence others. And though we are not obliged to live by others rules, a little empathy in choosing words goes far

On a funnier note, I was telling my five year old that saying that "mommy's food is bad and so can I have pizza?" makes me feel a little bad. So now he says mommy's food is a little good but pizza is better.so can I have pizza?:sunglasses:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    beautifullife30 and startinganew like this.
  2. riyass

riyass Guest

The generation what we are in to is bringing in all these troubles , it is better we need to limit our desire and go back to healthy living which will cure all the troubles. Skin and Hair is decided by god so no one has rights to modify it . this has to be taken to every child .

3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

I differ on this. Especially, in India, it has always been that light complexion in women is associated with beauty. Even we have bhajans like "Yashomati maiya se bole Nandlala; Radha kyon gori main kyon kala?"

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I agree. You have a great Point here.
    Lord Rama lord Krishna had different definition of beauty not based on complexion.
    Neela mega Shyamala Varunan - no modern women would ever like to be associated with such colourful for their husbands unless they are Goddess Sita or Rafa or Rukmani or Bama.!!!
    All colours between ultra violet and infra red are God’s creation and each or combination of it onskin is good. When human is being coloured in skin why can’t one can accept any colour of skin .
    Thanks and Regards.

peartree likes this.
  5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

That is so cute!