1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sivaji

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Huma, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

as a treat for the father's day we went to see the latest movie sivaji with rajanikant who is an nri who came to india to do some good action.....constructing hospital, school but he has to face corruption......so he pays a lot of money but it didn't work. he changes in rowdy...

his love story with shrya who doesnt want te get married to him because it will harm him but he gets married anyway and we can't escape our destiny. he's killed but resuscitate.....cooool.

the comedy is good,,,,,songs too much decoration. the hero is not anymore a spring chicken. worth to see at least once.

bye

1 person likes this.

2. queenathome

queenathome New IL'ite

Thanks Huma

Yes certainly not a spring chicken, but still a good actor :2thumbsup:
    Can't wait to watch it.

3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi there!

Got to see sivaji, after so much hype and madness by the public, we were tempted to watch this movie.

One can expect the same rajni actions and all the masalas which people are crazy for. Got some story but is little heavy to digest. Vivek's jokes and rajni-vivek combination is damn good. I really like the way vivek does the comedy with so ease,this time even along with rajni who himself is so famous for his humour. shankar's direction is little diffrerent that make the movie a little innovative.

Shreya saran looks very good, and i bet she is no less than all the bollywood heroine's . her dresses are very good though very very sexy not at ll reqd for the kind of character she was potraying. great work by manish malhotra for designing all those costumes, which is very diffn from the usual tamil cinema.

shreya is looking ahead to go very far away with this movie. Movie can be seen once if you are not the one who looks for some serious cinema with great thinking.

cheers
    vaidehi

4. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Well, i did see the movie & this is the first time i was seeing a Rajnikanth movie, i'm afraid the movie didn't live up to my expectations of a Shankar movie after having seen some of his movies like 'Indian' & 'Anniyan' which were extraordinary.

Though he had a good message to convey, i personally felt, that was completely sidelined by the outlandish sets, the 'larger than life' persona that Rajni has, his famous antics, romantic angle (guess that was needed), etc.

No doubt a lot of effort has gone into the making of the movie, the music is good & Shriya definitely looks good. It's a pure commercial masala entertainer.

But, before i end, i'm tempted to mention of my movie viewing experience at the theater. I've never had such a worse experience ever, what with people shouting, whistling & throwing shreds of paper whenever Rajni appeared on screen & commenting about funny dialogues in high decibels. Which made me wonder whether i had paid to watch the movie or to hear people's comments on it!!??

In India, i've never seen people from the educated classes behaving in this manner & i've always had a pleasant viewing experience at least where i come from in Karnataka. What i experienced here in the U.S of A shocked me beyond comprehension.

I beg your pardon if i've hurt anybody's sentiments here.

Ragini.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi
    well said ragini........same thing happens in London....people were shouting, whistling but what shocked me women also were whistling....

bye

1 person likes this.
  6. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    i too watched the movie here.luckily we were in scotland for a couple of days and the movie was screened in glasgow it was running housefull for 2 days and gud crowd on weekdays as well....watching our tamil movie abroad was a great feeling.
    it was gud. total entertainment.....i liked the songs and vivek's comedy!!!!
    worth a watch!!!!
    and one more info i heard was first time a tamil movie is being aired thro out the uk in the cinemas....so thats an acheivement the team has made....cool!!!!
    luv
    pavi

7. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Hi! Huma,

Okay.....so it happens there too is it?? Since this was the first time i was watching a non-english movie here, i was surely not prepared for this!!

I forgot to mention, here too i found a woman whistling.....it was shocking to see an Indian woman doing that.......as back in India it is considered to be very indecent behaviour. Correct me if i'm wrong ladies!!

Ragini.

8. vidhujagan

vidhujagan New IL'ite

hi friends,

I watched Sivaji with my family here in SIngapore.Though i m not a Big fan of Rajini I quiet enjoyed the comedy .I escp liked the first half .the Second half was little bit dragged kind of.But here and there the comedy dialogues was good to keep me cheered up.esp Rajini imitating Vadivel was very gud.The firat half story showed the reality thats happening in India ie. even if somebody wants to do good the people here will not allow.The second half is purely cinematic!

And about the Whistling.I dont whistle but what is wrong in a lady Whistling? I dont get it.Usually whistling symbolises a way of expressing ur exictement.If u where one among the persons who gets excited u wont mind it .Just like clapping ur hands when ur very happy. I think whistling,clapping throwing papers,shouting when SUper star cums is a inevitable part of Rajini movie.In fact it will be boring if all these elements are not there.I felt like i was there in India watching a movie when i saw all these things happen here.

I saw the kids in singapore so exicted to see Rajinis movie.Be it Gud ,Bad,Nonsense or illogical.Rajinis movie has its own place in lot of peoples mind.thats for sure!

9. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

I too did watch the movie last week, The story is quite good but may be the instance it got potrayed was lenghty & boring

What ever the reasons may be, the magic called RAJINI is loved here or probably chanted universely. one should really appreciate the efforts he had put in for the movie, i liked the Sahara song, K.V Anands cinematography needs a mention here . a good job.

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Last weekend I didn't get a ticket for the movie, but purchased it for next week.
    Just wanted to see the hyped movie.

~Punitha