Site is back - but with data as of Tuesday, August 11th 2009 1:30 pm

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Laxmi, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear IL ites,

First of all our sincere apologies for making the site unavailable for the past few hours without any prior notification.

The site was closed for routine maintenance work. Unfortunately the hosting company while running a backup script did unrecoverable damage which necessitated database restoration. In the process we lost half a day's data i.e. data since August 11th 2009 1:30 pm IST as well as few posts that got posted this morning India time.

We are aware how much thought and time you all have put into making every single post here. We sincerely apologize for loosing that data. We tried our level best in bringing back the site with minimal data loss.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards
    The Indusladies Team.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laxmi

I was just wondering why my posts have become less. Thanks for the information.

love
    viji

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ohh
    My Chinnu's bday announcement also was washed away!!! No:(((
    - Niy

4. bharti

bharti Silver IL'ite

ohhh.... and i was wondering y my posts are reduced, infact i was also wondering that did my posts had something which were against the forum ettiquets that they were deleted.

thanks for the information

5. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

hi Laxmi,
    Thanks for information!!Even I was wondering the same! What happened to my yesterday's efforts?
    Hope we will not have similar issues in future by taking care of all necessary technical challenges before hand.

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear laxmi,
    In the morning when I logged I was shocked to see my posts missing. getting tensed I sent a PM to you and disturbed you . any way thank you very much for reviving atleast to some extent.
    with love
    pad

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,

Thanks for being the backbone of our forum!!! Sincere thanks for restoring our forum.Data loss does happen once a while.No regrets.

We are happy that site is back!!! Thanks once again for your Hard work!!

8. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the intimation Lakshmi.Otherwise would have chased you for my diminished posts.Only my new embroidery thread is missing.No regret.Am happy to keep posting on & on & on.
    Thanks again for your efficient back-breaking efforts.

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aish,
    Thanks for your 'understanding post'!!
    What we went through today is a fraction of what we have gone through for longer durations, 3-4 times in the past!These things do happen & that is where the term 'circumstances beyond our control' applies.
    Only I know, the challenge my dear young friend Laxmi went through, from her end! She was toiling the whole day, tensed.
    All are worried about the reduced no; of posts - but the efforts she took to restore atleast this much, is worth applauding.
    [​IMG]
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Welcome Back IL!

To many across the globe, the site functions as a Indian home. Over the hours the forums were not accessible, I was wondering how many around are thinking the same thing! Laxmi, Truly a feat for all the work that has gone through in making the site spring back. Half a day's posts in IL is no big deal. Thank you so much for making yourself absolutely available and working tirelessly for IL! Truly Inspiring!

Love

Arch