1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sippy Cup Success..Yay!!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mridusudha, Jan 11, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

lyn, playtex is sortof hard spout. and she hates it... she just bangs it here there once in a while i force her to take sips of water but she dislikes it. we tried using cup directly, and she choked. maybe i will have to wait to use the regular cup .but i think at around 8 months she would be able to very well drink it from a regular cup. my playtex sippy is going to be handy though, since i am sure she is going to spurt juice every possible place if given in a regular cup.hence i thought of the flexible pigeon mag mag

2. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hey

Iam thinking if I should go for an Avent Magic cup or Nuby Gripn Sip.
    She is already used to Avent Soft spout feeding bottles, but she is not able to grasp them and feed .... she is going to be 6 mo next week. Should I wait longer?

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

ramya we havent really bottled our babies, hence she isnt able to grasp bottle i guess....try a sippy, since it has handles....zoey has been able to use her sippy since 5 months,just that then we had playtex and she couldnt get enugh water outta it so bot bugged everytime after trying for a while. but she is not able to grasp bottle properly. so i think u can get her a magic cup or watever u like,i personally like the avent magic and mag mag by pigeon. but i hv heard magic is difficult to clean. chk reviews on amazon n u will know wat i am talking about

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

gals today i tried the playtex sippy again with DD after 3 wks and yoohoo.. she did it!i am happy that we got her used to this sippy instead of the mag mag and avent magic with flexible spouts.... i was worried that the flexible spouts would make her hate latching onto breast again!
    so my mag mag pigeon sippy is sitting packed in box, to be gifted to a friends newborn
    i really love this playtex ones... so easy to clean.
    [​IMG]

5. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Pooh,

Playtex is similar to Mee Mee training sippy we use for Lenora. We used it for milk after seven months. I thought would give water in Nuby but she didn't like the soft spout so I took the Nuby on outings where the risk of the water spilling over is very less. Now we do with the Lip and Lock, just put in the cup and give DD. I prefer cups for the hygiene part, off the saliva, I just wipe off the cup with tissue and serve after every use comes so handy.
    We did Lenora with water in bowls at six months, at first she suckled but we were persistent and now we are happy it actually worked for us.
    Kids tend to forget the sippy soon, so you can try your hands later on with the cup.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

lee she gulps in a lot of air n chokes with regular cup, i will wait a little longer maybe a month or 2 and try again. the thing is she gets so enthusiastic about the cup, or rather any new thing that she wants to just gulp it all down and choke. her eyes ears nose all turned red, so DH said okay maybe cup is for later. she is happy with sippy though, makes her feel that she is independent , and hence enjoys it.

7. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Mommies,

LO is going to be 5 months in a week time. Planning to introduce water to him through sippy cup. Is it ok to give sippy cup this early? and which one is thes best to start with?I already have avent BPA and airflex bottles without any use...LO didnt like bottles...can i convert it to sippy cups? Please give me some idea....

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

yes u can convert them to sippy.... get the soft spouts for avent bottles...i guess ramya used them. if u dont get them u can get the avent trainer ....its avail at mothercare.
    we skipped the flexible spout of avent /pigeon and directly went to the not so soft playtex, at 6.5 months DD is a pro and loves her sippy.
    even if he cant figure out wat to do with it, just let him play with it. soon he will!

9. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Thanks Poonam,
    But it is very hard to find only the spouts here...

Ramya,

Could you please tell me where did you bought the spouts from?

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

As Poonam said..Try in mothercare(venkat narayana road)..Sure would be expensive but definitely you will get it.Have you checked JustBorn in Nungambakkam,Just give a call and find out instead of going in person.