1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sinus remedy

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Feb 19, 2013.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Of late I have been falling I'll often .. My hemeoglobin is low I m taking medicines for it but I have developed sinus problem recently ... Always heady feeling , severe cold ...
    Any remedy how to prevent such an attack again ...
    Ramya

2. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

do anulom vilom pranayam by ramdev baba ......100% cure.

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

for getting rid of the heaviness in the head the best tested remedy I would suggest is :-

Powder some whole black peppers (do not use ready made powder) (say 6 nos.)
    In a small pan boil 5 tbsp milk and when it boils, add the ground pepper and boil till the mixture thickens (paste form)
    When it is warm (not hot - so let it cool for sometime) apply on the centre of your head (in the scalp) and on forehead (it may be spicy but it is a very good remedy), place a rough cloth on a pillow and just go to sleep. When you wake up you will feel very light and bright.

Do you get any symptom before you catch cold? if not just watch it next time. Because i too have sinus problem and i my nose itches or will release water lightly or sneeze.... I immediately heat a dosa / roti tawa, roll out a small towel and keep it on the hot tawa and place it on both sides of the nose (where sinus bags are situated) and this heat press relieves me and also cures me if it is initial stage of getting cold.

Repeat this heat press as many times as you may require. Also breathe hot air from the towel in between.

Best wishes

1 person likes this.
  4. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Try olbas oil or olbas nasal stick when you get the first sinus symptom itself. I used to get severe sinus attack before (almost every alternate month) and had to take antibiotics every time. After started using the above, it has really come down and i rarely go to hospital(touch wood) now.

Don't wash your head in the night. Do keep this in your mind too...

Regards,
    Ansu

5. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your replies.... Will def try these techniques ...
    Hey choco gal I am heavily into yoga still certain illness ( things )have worsened now but I m still holding on to yoga ...
    I know for me it's best form of excercise ..