1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sinus migraine headache

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by amnilakshmi, Jul 12, 2012.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am having migraine head ache for quiet some time. Head pains a lot ... Mainly coz of sinus problem. I am taking vicks action 500 daily for nearly 2 weeks, but no use... Can someone give me some tip ...

2. nithyabhaskar

nithyabhaskar Gold IL'ite

Hi

I too had this problem and finally overcome now. Best remedy is to follow steam and intake of pine apple and curd. Pine apple produces heat and which quickly relieves sinus.

Daily intake of curd also improves the condition. Intake of tablets never gives a solution. So follow these home remedies. Take eucalyptus oil (it will be available in the form of capsules in medical shops) and steam with it. It gives a quick relief. Repeat this until your feel relief and follow other suggestions also.

Hope you get relaxed soon.

Nithya.

2 people like this.
  3. Sabitha

Sabitha Gold IL'ite

Hi aminlakshmi and other ILs,

FYI please

Avoid these tablets as they are very dangerous

* D cold
    * Vicks action- 500
    * Actified
    * Coldarin
    * Co some
    * Nice
    * Nimulid
    * Cetrizet-D
    They contain Phenyl- Propanol -Amide PPA.Which Causes strokes, and these tablets are banned in U.S.

For migraine meditation is only the permanent solution. I came to know this from my friend, her hubby had severe migraine and they both joined in Vazhga Valamudan (vedathri maharishi medication centre). After that only he completely get rid off from migraine.

No idea about sinus problem.

1 person likes this.
  4. healthandbeauty

healthandbeauty Junior IL'ite

hi sinus and migraine are ery much curable by electrohomeopathic treatment and also a food supplement named bio-c , and tripple guard echinessia (both by Amway) works wonder in both the cases

5. priyasudheer

priyasudheer Silver IL'ite

Hi Amnilakshmi,

You can use migranil table if its unbearable.. but go to Ayurveda treatment will sure be cured...

6. dpsm

dpsm New IL'ite

Hi Amnilakshmi,

I too have sinusitis. I prefer taking steam with eucalyptus oil, tulsi leaves and ajwain seeds. IT works very well to clear the sinuses and has no side effects too...

Cheers.

2 people like this.
  7. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,
    Even I have migraine for the last one year.I had consulted dcotor and took medicine for some time.. now I am not using any medicein..nad I am feeling good.
    Please don't take tablelts withoout doc's advice for long time..Its really bad..
    Once in while.. taking crocin is fine.. but not for 2-3 wweks continously..
    Please visit doctor..

8. RajSai

RajSai Platinum IL'ite

hi amnilakshmi,
    as nithya, sabitha and others had suggested never opt for any tablets. i have been suffering from both migraine and sinus headaches badly for years. so i can realize how dangerous these medicines can be. they have immense side effects.
    pineapple and curd as a remedy is new to me. thanks nithya for suggesting these. i would seriously try it as i get unbearable headaches. during such painful times, i am unable to talk to anyone or do any kind of work. my dear dear hubby has to bear with all my nonsenses until my headache relieves me.
    meditation does wonders for these headaches. so start joining some yoga and meditation and try doing them seriously. i do not have any "reliable" centres here in my place. so i am handicapped to learn it in this country.
    as DPSM says, i also take steam with eucalyptus oil, ajwain and tulsi leaves from my garden.
    thanks a tonne to all of you for educating the dos and donts for headaches. that is really a good step towards getting cured.

1 person likes this.
  9. chashan

chashan Silver IL'ite

thank you friends for sharing the wonderful tips....iam suffering from severe haedache..let me give a try

10. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

I have started getting migraine attacks very recently.
    I get it when I travel in the hot sun, when there is a jarring sound,
    too much of lighting....
    For the past four days I have been getting it every other day...
    I drink lots of water and I press my temple region by giving some
    acupressure. It helps me to relieve the pain...